Assignment 5 SPECIFICATION
CIS8010_Infiormation System Project management
Description Marks out of Wtg(%) Due date
Assignment 5 (Written Report) 100 35% See the study schedule
This written assignment is to be electronically submitted through the EASE system in the CIS8010 Study Desk. Hardcopy or email submission will NOT be accepted and acknowledged. (You MUST use a plagiarism application and provide evidence to ensure that the part is plagiarism-free)
This assignment is continuing from (previous) assignment 3.
Your task is to complete the project management document to provide a comprehensive idea and scope of the project. Your submission should include the following documents:
1. A complete project plan (PERT & GANTT Chart)
2. A complete Net Present Value Analysis
3. A Return on Investment Document
4. A payback Analysis Scenario
The above documents should clearly be developed using a project tool that is available to you. You should make necessary assumptions in deciding your basis that would yield to the above documents. You are required to state your assumptions clearly and package the documents in a professional report to the top management for their consideration.
XYZ, as indicated in the previous assignment specification is interested in a 5-year cycle as an initial period for the process changes. XYZ is interested in a cost-benefit analysis so that their investment options can be seriously debated. To be able to conduct a real cost benefit analysis, assume a 6% base rate.
Your report submission should be in four parts. The first part should provide a comprehensive analysis of your research. In this document you will discuss at least two scenarios, and elaborate on them taking into account the scenario on hand. This is a simple document, written with supporting argument as to various aspects highlighted, includes proper references etc. You will base this report on your research conducted. The report should be contained within 2000 words.
The second part of the report contains the three modeling aspects. These are:
1. A complete Net Present Value Analysis
2. A Return on Investment Document
3. A payback Analysis Scenario
You must develop necessary formulas to create the above, and annotate how these are constructed. You must also attach a test strategy to assure that your formulas are working correctly. You are expected to show both correct and incorrect working details. Basically your test strategy will demonstrate how your modeling is working. This test strategy should be contained within 2 A4-pages.
The third part of your report should provide a set of recommendations as to how the project can be managed. This will discuss various aspects that are covered in Chapter 5 of the text. You can choose appropriate aspects to suit your modeling techniques.
The final part is the development of a complete project plan through PERT & GANTT Chart
Other Report Submission Requirements:
For this assignment, you MUST use a plagiarism application (for the first part only) to ensure that this assignment is plagiarism free. Please note that the report generation can take time through TURNITIN and you are asked to submit your assignment through TURNITIN well in advance to avoid last minute delays.
1. Remember state your assumptions clearly prior to developing the above documents and your modeling.
2. Only PDF format of the final report is to be submitted through EASE system available through UConnect. (All other mode of submissions are considered as assignment is not submitted)
Marks can be deducted for the following errors:
• Problems with format and structure of report
• Lack of referencing (Harvard referencing format is the acceptable standard)
• Spelling, grammar and expression error
• Indication of plagiarism/collusion
• Inappropriate use of in-text references
• Late Submission as per USQ/FBL policies and procedures
• TURNITIN report NOT submitted
Please use the following naming convention when saving your digital document:
Student last name_assignment #_CIS8010_Student USQ ID
For example, the first assignment for CIS8010 submitted by John Smith, student # 005890420163. If I (Mr. John Smith) were uploading this assessment item, the file would be named as follows: