Please see course unit attached Assignment Task 1 is on pg 17
Assessment Task 1
Due: Week 4
Length: 2000 words
Microeconomic analysis: Australian Supermarket and Grocery Store Industry
“The Supermarket and Grocery Stores industry is one of the most fiercely competitive industries in Australia” (https://www.ibisworld.com.au/industry-trends/market-researchreports/retail-trade/food-retailing/supermarkets-grocery-stores.html) You are required to:
a. Research the Australian Supermarket and Grocery Store industry, and determine the market concentration.
b. Based on your research, explain whether or not, and why, you agree or disagree with the above statement.
c. Discuss which of the four (4) market structures best describes the Australian Supermarket and Grocery Store industry. Explain the reasons for selecting one of these four structures.
d. Using your selected market structure, analyse the economics and pricing policies that you would to expect to find in the Australian Supermarket and Grocery Store industry.
e. Write a conclusion which summarises the insights which you have gained from this assessment task.
Assessment Submission Requirements:
1. Your assessment is to be written in a research essay format.
2. Include references to a minimum of 3 suitable academic journal articles in your assignment. You can search the AIM Library database, or use some of the ones provided in the Additional Resources section under each topic in my ABS. You also will need to research other online industry related articles to support your research.
3. Your report must be 2,000 words (=/- 10%). Note: the title page, tables, reference list and appendices are not included in the word count.
4. Appendices and tables may be used to clarify and support your arguments but should not be used to circumvent the word count limit, please use these sparingly.
5. Submit to the Assessment section of myABS as one document.
6. Submit only a word document (i.e. .doc or .docx). The assignment should be presented on A4 paper with margins of 2.5cm on all sides. Your report should be 1.5 line spaced and use Arial 12-point font.
Please refer to the detailed marking rubric on the next page.