ASSESSMENT TASK 3
Description: Continuing from AT2, you will now explore the local status of the SDG goal you chose. For this assessment you will answer the questions below, relating the SDG goal and example that you wrote about in AT2 to the local context.
It is important that your submission is in your own words as it is your understanding that we are assessing. There will be a guide showing how to do this assessment on LEO.
1. Explain how the situation you wrote about in AT2 affects human dignity in Australia.
2. Explain how the situation you wrote about in AT2 affects the common good in Australia.
3. Explain how the situation you wrote about in AT2 affects one other CST principle in Australia.
4. Choose an actual local community in which you may live or work: (this may be friends and family, your town/suburb/city, a workplace etc). Describe it briefly.
5. Discuss one ACTUAL, REALISTIC way that people in your future profession/ideal job (ie with your skills and attributes) could work towards achieving the goal in this community. In your answer, discuss how these people would engage with the community, including the individuals and/or communities they would work with.
6. How would this help this community achieve this goal?
7. Does advocacy play any role in your solution? If so, explain how it might occur and who might be involved: if not, explain why.
8. What problems might prevent your suggestion (in Q5) from succeeding, or from being put into practice? What are some barriers, and what might be needed to overcome them?
9. How do you think achieving the goal in one country (such as Australia or the country you wrote about in AT2) could contribute to a better global situation?
Please choose references that are relevant and readily found, and prepare a reference list for this assessment using the referencing style in your course (name the style at the top of your reference list).
Due date: January 17, 11.00pm AEDT (10:00pm Queensland)
Length and/or format: 1000-1200 words
Purpose:. In this assessment you will apply your knowledge and understanding
of relevant CST principles, advocacy and community engagement to explore how people in your profession could work with local communities on problems related to the SDGs
Learning outcomes assessed: 1,2,3
How to submit: The paper must be submitted via Turnitin as a MS Word document. Instructions explaining how to do this can be found on the UNCC300 LEO page under Assessment Turnitin Submission Guide.
Return of assignment:
Assignments will be returned via LEO when final grades are released. If you are unsure how to find your results and feedback you can read how to do this on LEO under Assessment How to find your results and feedback.
Assessment criteria: A marking guide outlining expectations for each question will be found on LEO under Assessment Marking Guide for Assignment 3.
This unit requires you to use the referencing system used by your discipline area. See the Academic referencing’ page of the Student Portal for more details.