Q: Find from the internet any case study that is related to operation and supply chain or a case study that is about project management system, and analyse the case study and write the analysis according to the case study analysis outline. Follow the outline of the case study that is attached.
Important note: the case study analysis outline is attached to the email also.
CASE STUDY ANALYSIS GENERAL OUTLINE
I – TITLE OF THE CASE
II – TIME CONTEXT
(The approximate time when the case happened. Consider only this time period when
you analyze the case.)
III – VIEW POINT
(Consider always the point of view by the concerned officer/s based on the course being undertaken example: Marketing Director if the subject is marketing management, CEO if business Policy/ management.)
IV- AREAS OF CONSIDERATION
• Provide a short company background.
• State briefly the critical facts from the case that have affected the historical direction and performance of the focal firm.
• State critical incidents that may have bearing to the occurrence of the problem in the case. (Cause of the problem)
• Show how these critical facts lead to a particular focus for you analysis.
B. Situational Analysis
1. General Environmental Analysis
• Demographic Trends
• Economic Trends
• Political/Legal Environment
• Socio-Cultural Environment
• Global Environment
2. Industry Analysis
• Study the effects of the general environment trends on the local industry.
3. SWOT Analysis
V- STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
• Based on the areas of consideration come up with central problem of the case. Or you can enumerate the problems you find and arrange them in order of significance in order to be able to identify the central problem.
• Always write one line statement of the problem either a declarative statement form of question form.
VI – ALTERNATIVE COURSES OF ACTION
• Provide at least three alternative courses of action (ACA1, ACA2, and ACA3) as proposed solution to the problem of the case.
• You may provide brief explanation of each ACA.
VII – ALTERNATIVE EVALUATION
• Evaluate the proposed alternatives by providing the advantages and disadvantage of each. Your choice should be a defensible one and provide more benefits than all the given alternatives.
A. Alternative Choice
• The best alternative should be explained in this portion and defended.
• Propose other solutions or strategies you think will also help solve or even prevent the problem from recurring again.
VIII- PLAN OF ACTION
• Provide a program of activities in order to implement the selected course of action.
• A Gantt chart is recommended for the purpose.