Training Package: BSB Business Service
Week 4 Assessment Type:
Please read the following assessment guidelines carefully.
1. The purpose of this activity is to assess your knowledge and skills in Develop and implement a business plan.
2. If you have any considerations that may affect your performance in the assessment, please inform your assessor immediately. Your assessor will provide you with a suitable alternative to complete this assessment.
3. Your assessor will mark your assessment and provide feedback and a grade to you via the assessment submission on Moodle.
4. If you feel the decision made by your assessor was incorrect you have the rights to appeal the grading through filling out an appeals form which will then be handle by the Academic Manager.
5. A “NYS” (not yet satisfactory) result of this task may be returned to you for a re-assessment. Re-assessments must be submitted by an agreed date with your assessor.
6. The re-assessment work must address the specific performance tasks beyond doubt for the assessor to issue a satisfactory (pass) result. A repeat NYS outcome could lead to an administration fee for further reassessment.
7. All work must be done individually. Copied work will not be accepted and
By adding my name to this document, I hereby declare the work is my own and has not been copied from any other source.
Student NAME:_______________________________________ Date:_________________
In this assessment, you are required to complete three tasks.
Task A-Knowledge based questions
Task B-Develop a business plan
Task C-Monitor performance and respond to performance data
To complete Task A, you will answer the written questions in the box below each question. You will answer each question with the help of Learner Guide, PowerPoint Slides uploaded in Moodle, and your trainer. You will submit it as part of your assessment.
Task B is to develop a business plan. There is a case provided to you in Moodle, you need to read the case carefully and use the information to generate the business plan. A separate template has been provided to you in Moodle, you use this template to complete your business plan. Before developing the plan, you should do teamwork with other students to have a consultation about the goals and measurement, and after developing the plan, you should communicate it in teams to ensure your team members understanding the plan.
Task B 2 and 4 are role play part, you can also find it in file named BSBMGT617-Role play activities.
Task C is to monitor performance and respond to performance data. You should read all instructions before you start. Be careful to write your answer for quesiton1, the information documented in question 1 will be used in qustion2.
All three tasks are used to show your competency of:
1. Develop business plan
2. Monitor performance
3. Respond to performance data
• Analyse and research business vision, mission, values, objectives, goals, competitors, financial targets, management arrangements, marketing approaches and strategic, business and operation plans
• Write a business plan which includes a description of the business, products and services, financial, physical and human resource requirements, permit and license requirements, marketing activity, financial indicators, productivity and performance targets for key result areas
• Implement a business plan including ensuring skilled labour is available, and that training is provided where appropriate
• Monitor and respond to business performance including evaluation of performance against key results indicators including profit and loss, community awareness or branding, environmental impact, governance, quality, sales, triple bottom line and the workforce
• Consult, communicate with and report to key stakeholders including business partners, financiers, customers, staff and technical advisers
• Provide an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of a business plan
o gathers, interprets and analyses textual information when developing the business plan and monitoring operational performance
o utilises understanding of distinguishing structures and features of a range of text as well as recognising and reflecting on context, purpose and audience
o communicates relationships between ideas and information, matching style of writing to purpose and audience
o researches, plans and prepares business plan for relevant stakeholders
? Oral Communication
o presents information and seeks advice using language and features appropriate to audience
o participates in discussion using listening and questioning to elicit the views of others and to clarify or confirm understanding
o extracts and evaluates mathematical information to review the market, research competitors and review pricing structures
? Navigate the world of work
o takes full responsibility for identifying and complying with legislative requirements applicable to self and the organisation
? Interact with others
o selects and uses appropriate conventions and protocols when communicating with internal and external stakeholders to seek or share information
o collaborates with others to achieve joint outcomes, playing an active role in facilitating effective group interaction, influencing direction and taking a leadership role
o provides support in field of expertise to colleagues, as required
? Get the work done
? sequences and schedules complex activities, monitors implementation and manages relevant communication
? systematically gathers and analyses all relevant information and evaluates option in order to monitor performance and identify opportunities for improvement
• Outline processes for developing business plans
• Describe performance objectives and measures including key performance indicators
• Identify key stakeholders
You trainer will be able to assist you with all two tasks in this assessment.
Should you not be able to download or upload any of the documentation which has been uploaded to Moodle you need to notify your trainer immediately.
Task A-Knowledge based questions 3-4 hours
1. Describe the process that you would go through to develop a business plan for your organisation.
2. What are the performance objectives and measure of your organisation?
You should consider any key performance indicators
3. What is the difference between performance objectives and goals which are outlined in a business plan?
4. Identify the 8 key stakeholders of your organisation.
Explain their role and their relationship with the organisation.
5. How can performance measurement systems be tested? Suggest one method.
6. Suggest one way to ensure that reports are:
7. What actions could you take to analyse the performance of an employee whose job role has changed within the period of their set performance objectives?
8. Outline three questions you should ask yourself to review performance indicators?
9. Outline how you would review system processes and/or work methods as part of continuous improvement in the workplace.
You may present your answer in bullet-point form.
Task B – Develop a business plan
1. Read the case provided to you on Moodle.
2. Consult with key stakeholders (other students or your trainer) to develop performance objectives and measures.
3. Use the template provided to generate your business plan. You should submit it as part of the assessment.
4. After completion of your plan, you should communicate it in teams (other students or your trainer) to ensure understanding of performance requirements and timeframes.
Task C – Monitor performance and respond to performance data
1. During the course of this unit, produce a dairy documenting your performance of the following tasks based on the implementation of the business plan you generated for Zen sushi shop:
? Monitor and respond to business performance including evaluation of performance against key results indicators including profit and loss, community awareness or branding, environmental impact governance, quality, sales, triple bottom line and the workforce
? Consult, communicate with and report to key stakeholders including business partners, financiers, customers, staff and technical advisers
? Provide an analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of a business plan.
For each diary entry, provide a description of the situation, as well as what you did to complete the task.
Where possible, provide documentation to support your diary entries.
2. Respond to issues
a. Analyse the performance notes against planned objectives you made in previous step.
b. Select the issues (system failures, product failures and variance to the business plan) noted in your performance documenting diary.
c. Outline one method of coaching groups or individuals who are contributing to under-performance
d. Evaluate options and suggest three approches to training which can be offered to groups or individuals contributing to under-performance.