Training Package: BSB Business Service
Due Date: Week 4 Assessment Type:
Please read the following assessment guidelines carefully.
1. The purpose of this activity is to assess your knowledge and skills in Develop Marketing Plan.
2. If you have any considerations that may affect your performance in the assessment, please inform your assessor immediately. Your assessor will provide you with a suitable alternative to complete this assessment.
3. Your assessor will mark your assessment and provide feedback and a grade to you via the assessment submission on Moodle.
4. If you feel the decision made by your assessor was incorrect you have the rights to appeal the grading through filling out an appeals form which will then be handle by the Academic Manager.
5. A “NYS” (not yet satisfactory) result of this task may be returned to you for a re-assessment. Re-assessments must be submitted by an agreed date with your assessor.
6. The re-assessment work must address the specific performance tasks beyond doubt for the assessor to issue a satisfactory (pass) result. A repeat NYS outcome could lead to an administration fee for further reassessment.
7. All work must be done individually. Copied work will not be accepted and
By adding my name to this document, I hereby declare the work is my own and has not been copied from any other source.
Student NAME:_______________________________________ Date:_________________
In this assessment your knowledge of develop a marketing plan will be looked at through knowledge-based questions and case study activities.
You need to use the knowledge you have gained first hand through your own experiences in the workplace combined with the lecture slides, uploaded on Moodle and the learner guide to help you answer the questions.
Your assessment once completed needs to be uploaded into Moodle for marking by your trainer.
Should you experience any issues downloading your assessment or uploading your assessment please notify your class trainer as soon as possible as all assessments need to be uploaded into Moodle for marking.
Once your assessment has been marked you will receive notification if your assessment is competent or Not Yet Competent. If you receive Not Yet Competent your trainer will provide you with comments guiding, you to which areas need to be fixed before you resubmit the assessment.
1. What may you want to compare when conducting a competitive analysis?
5. What tips could you give for managing time?
6. Choose one of the below elements and describe how you could monitor it:
7. How can you review performance regularly against objectives and budgets?
9. For your organisation, or an example organisation, summarise the following:
? The organisation’s structure
? Its products and services
10. What are the following marketing opportunity options:
? Forming strategic alliances and developing cooperative business models
? Creating new products or services to target specific markets
? Pursuing greater market penetration with existing products or services
? Implementing take-overs
? Creating new business through franchising.
Briefly outline how these may address your (or an example) organisation’s objectives. Could the organisation benefit from these? Could they face any difficulties as a result?
11. Provide three different marketing strategies that you could take for marketing a product or service.
13. What legislation/regulation requirements impact your type of business?
1. Read Case Study A-Communicating the Strategy.
Choose a feasible marketing strategy; write this down, and explain how you would justify the selection of this strategy to others in a brief verbal communication script.
2. Read Case Study B-The Marketing Opportunity.
Explain how you would develop a marketing plan for this opportunity in a brief communication script to your manager (with reference to appropriate communication skills).
3. Read Case Study C-Developing a Marketing Opportunity
Develop an idea for a marketing opportunity within your area of business or experience. Research the possibilities for progressing this opportunity further and, using a computer, write this up as a report which you should print and attach to your assessment. (This report is not required to be a specific word count, but should be thorough and complete.)
Your report should include:
? An explanation of the marketing opportunity and what it relates to
? Your research outcomes and background information
? A record of any conversations or discussions that you had in relation to your research
? Reference to any information sources or contacts
? The components that will need to be included in future plans, e.g., objectives, budgets, timelines and targets.
? Gather and read information relevant to the opportunity and area of business
? Speak with/contact information sources to help with your research (as applicable)
? Determine any legal, regulatory and ethical requirements that may impact on the opportunity
? Identify any issues or risks that may arise or impact on the achievability of the opportunity, and how these may be overcome.
4. Read Case Study D-Producing a Marketing Plan
a. Following on from the previous case study; produce a marketing plan for your marketing opportunity, print this out and attach this to your assessment.
? Evaluate the marketing opportunity options that were available and provide a clear reason for the opportunity chosen
? Determine marketing strategies that will assist in the achievement of the opportunity
? Identify resources and expertise that will be needed to realise the opportunity, including any costs, schedules, responsibilities and accountabilities
? Document marketing tactics that are legal, ethical and follow clear working practices ??Identify a marketing mix.
Present your marketing plan in class. In the presentation, you should show how you would respond to positive and negative feedback. How would you adjust your plan if feedback required this?
c. Revise the marketing plan
After collecting feedback from previous steps, you should adjust and revise your marketing plan and get approval from relevant personnel. You should upload it as a part of your final assessment.