Please refer mainly to the -Pre-lab Organizational Questions- title AND -Presentation of the solution- title in the ENGR 217 Lab file and answer all those questions/descriptions in this lab report. I will need this report in exactly the same format as the -How to write a phenomenal lab report- file I have attached. Please make it mandatory to attach pictures and plots while answering the questions so there is a good visual aid on better understanding your methods. Finally when completed, refer to the attached screenshot image to make sure all guidelines are met. As this is my first time, please quote a good price, I thank you very much for your help and please email me with any questions you may have :)
Lab 3: Resistance and Resistors
The Project: Resistance and Resistors
The Electrical League of Engineers and Creative Scientists (ELECS) is interested in characterizing the resistive behavior of several different wires for an upcoming job. You have been hired to characterize three different wire samples and provide relevant circuit information.
You should consult your TA for additional safety instructions before starting on ANY lab. You should cap the current output of your power supply at .1 A (100 mA).
Equipment Available to You:
• DC Power Supply
• Data Acquisition (DAQ) Unit
• BNC to Banana Cable
• Banana to Banana Cables
• Banana Splices
• Alligator to Alligator Cables
• Resistive Wire Board
• Meter Stick
Possible Needed Techniques:
• Measuring Voltage with a DAQ
• Basic Circuit Design
• Basic Python Commands
Pre-Lab Organizational Questions:
1. What parameters are used to determine the resistance of an object? What do you need to measure with your system to find the resistivity of each wire?
2. How can you calculate the resistor values for resistors used in your circuits from the parameters you derived earlier in the experiment?
3. You are given three different wires. How can you use these wires to design a number of different circuit configurations with multiple resistors?
4. Resistors can be place in either series or parallel. What circuits can you use to test both of these cases?
Lab 3: Resistance and Resistors
We ask that you characterize the behavior of several different aspects of several simple series and parallel circuits using resistors and a DC power supply:
1. Find the resistivity value for multiple configurations of the three wires.
2. Demonstrate that these wires are ohmic materials (they obey Ohm’s Law).
3. Verify the rules for adding resistors in series and in parallel using these circuits.
Presentation of the solution:
Your team must prepare a written report (including figures) summarizing the results of the project. The report must include the following:
? A description of the basic physics principles used in your project, including equations used to convert the outputted data into charge, current, or voltage.
? Plot the resistance through each wire as a function of the wire length for a given current.
? For a two-wire series configuration, plot both the sum of the measured voltage across each resistor and the voltage from the power supply as a function of the combined wire length. (Hint: you will need to know the length of each of your resistors (wires) for each voltage measurement). Discuss any correlations observed.
? For a two-wire parallel configuration, plot the measured voltage across each resistor as a function of the wire length. (Hint: You may use any means to perform this task. However, you must justify your experimental procedure in your lab report.) Plot the voltage across each resistor in your parallel resistor network as a function of current. Discuss any correlations observed.