HI5017 MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT T1 2021
Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T2 2021
Unit Code HI5017
Unit Title Managerial Accounting
Assessment Type Assignment
Assessment Title Individual Assignment
Purpose of the
Students are required to develop their understanding of the types of
management accounting information that assists managers in organisational
planning and control purposes. You are to critically evaluate the literature
(using journal articles) to analyse the practical use of management accounting
information by contemporary organisations, and their relevance to decision?making by managers and achievement of business goals. (ULO 1 & 4)
Weight 30% of the total assessments
Total Marks 30
Word limit Not more than 3,000 words. Please use -word count- and include it in the
Due Date Week 9 Thursday, 16 September 2021 at 11.59 p.m.
• All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date, along with a
completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, with no spacing, 12-pt Arial font
and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section
headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the assignment's text and listed
appropriately at the end in a reference list using Adapted Harvard
• It is the student's responsibility to submit the work to ensure that the work
is her/his work. Incorporating another's work or ideas into one's work
without appropriate acknowledgement is an academic offence. Students
should submit all assignments for plagiarism checking on Blackboard before
final submission in the subject. For further details, please refer to the Unit
Outline and Student Handbook.
Adapted Harvard Referencing
Holmes has now implemented a revised Harvard approach to referencing:
1. Reference sources in assignments are limited to sources which provide
full text access to the source’s content for lecturers and markers.
2. The Reference list should be located on a separate page at the end of
the essay and titled: References.