Clustered Knowledge Assessment (Event 2 of 4)
Name of the cluster
Unit code, name and release number
TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs (Release 2)
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs (Release 2)
Qualification/Course code, name and release number
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Release 2)
Date created: 31/10/2018
Date modified: Region to insert date if assessment modified
For queries, please contact:
Technology and Business Services SkillsPoint
Building B, Level G, Corner Harris Street and Mary Ann Street, Ultimo NSW 2007
© 2020 TAFE NSW, Sydney
RTO Provider Number 90003 | CRICOS Provider Code: 00591E
This assessment can be found in the: Learning Bank
The contents in this document is copyright © TAFE NSW 2020, and should not be reproduced without the permission of the TAFE NSW. Information contained in this document is correct at time of printing: 13 September 2021. For current information please refer to our website or your teacher as appropriate.
Table 1 Assessment instructions
Assessment details Instructions
Assessment overview The objective of this clustered assessment is to assess your knowledge in the following units:
• TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
• TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
As would be required to:
• identify trainer and assessor requirements
• understand training packages and units of competency
• identify commonly used terms and organisations
Assessment Event number 2 of 4
Instructions for this assessment This is a clustered written assessment and it will be assessing you on knowledge of all of the units listed in this assessment.
This assessment consists of one part:
Part 1: Short answer questions
Submission instructions On completion of this assessment, you are required to submit this assessment by uploading it to the unit assessment page in the learning platform.
It is important that you keep a copy of all electronic assessments submitted to TAFE and complete the assessment declaration.
What do I need to do to achieve a satisfactory result? To achieve a satisfactory result for this assessment all questions must be answered correctly.
This may involve your assessor allowing you to resubmit some of your answers. Alternatively, your assessor may ask you additional questions to confirm your understanding and knowledge of the topic area.
What do I need to provide? Access to:
• business technology including a computer with relevant software and internet
• student workbook, training materials and other research completed.
What the assessor will provide? Access to online learning resources and assessment events.
Due date/time allowed This assessment must be submitted by the due assessment date. Dates/time allowed information are provided on your Training Plan.
You should allow a minimum of two hours to complete this assessment. You may need additional time for preparation, research and revision to ensure you have responded to each question and task satisfactorily.
Supervision This is an unsupervised assessment event.
Your assessor may ask for additional evidence to verify the authenticity of your submission and confirm that the assessment task was completed by you. This may include oral questioning, comparison with work samples, or observation.
Assessment feedback, review or appeals In accordance with the TAFE NSW policy Manage Assessment Appeals, all students have the right to appeal an assessment decision in relation to how the assessment was conducted and the outcome of the assessment. Appeals must be lodged within 14 working days of the formal notification of the result of the assessment.
If you would like to request a review of your results or if you have any concerns about your results, contact your Teacher or Head Teacher. If they are unavailable, contact the Student Administration Officer.
Part 1: Short answer questions
A word count has been provided for each question. The word count is a general guide and is provided to ensure you write enough detail to adequately answer the question. You may type directly into the space provided or handwrite your response.
1. Summarise the different purposes and focus of learning programs. Use approximately 50-100 words.
2. Instructional design
a. Analyse how instructional design principles can be used in vocational education and training. Use approximately 100-150 words.
b. Discuss two examples of how you would incorporate instructional design principles (referred to above) when designing learning and assessment programs. Use approximately 100-150 words.
3. In the table below, list two sources of available learning resources for a training topic relevant to your area of expertise and describe the types of resources available from that source. Use approximately 20-30 words to complete this table.
4. Research two methodologies (theories) relating to developing activities learning materials. Explain how you would use these methodologies when developing activities and delivery resources to a diverse range of learners. Use approximately 50-100 words to complete this table.
Methodology Activities and delivery resources
5. Describe the relevant Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) requirements relating to the role of a trainer and assessor. In your response, ensure you address how WHS requirements need to be included in the learning program. Use approximately 100-150 words.
6. When designing a learning program for a particular client, what steps would you take to confirm the purpose and the application of the training to meet the learner needs? Include how you would analyse the unit of competency requirements. Use approximately 50-100 words.
Analyse Unit of competency requirements
7. Use the table provided to describe each of the dimensions of competency. Use approximately 100-150 words to complete this table.
Task management skills
Contingency management skills
Job/ role environment skills
8. Use the table provided to describe the delivery modes and methods and list the type of learner or group this mode or method would suit. Use approximately 150-200 words to complete this table.
Mode/Method Description Learner group
Face to face
NOTE: Your assessor will provide feedback via the online learning platform.