WIDE AREA NETWORK TECHNOLOGIES
• By completing this assignment, students will be demonstrating their knowledge and skills leant from week 6-12 that include:
o IPv4 and IPv6 address planning o Wide Area Network concepts o Wide Area Network technologies
o Implement and configure IP routing of medium complexity
1 Business case
ABC.COM Home Appliance Company has decided to migrate their network from IPv4 to IPv6 to meet a recent development in Internet of Thing (IoT). Due to the budget, only the company’s HQ and two of its branches A and B will be migrated first. Branch C migration will be carried out next year.
You are hired by the company to perform the migration task.
The company has been allocated the following IPv6 address block to use
AB12:####::/48 to use where #### are made of the last 4 digit of the your student ID.
Branch C continues to operate on IPv4 150.50.XY.0 network. (Replace XY by the last 2 digit on your student ID.
The company network topology is given bellow:
2 Instruction and marking scheme
To complete this assignment, you are recommended to take the steps below:
2.1 Address planning (25 marks)
• Work out the IPv6 subnet for the company HQ and each branch from the given
IPv6 address block. (10 marks)
(Place the address allocation plan here)
• Create address assignment table for the company network that contain the address of each router interfaces, PCs and Servers. (15 marks)
(Place the address assignment table here)
2.2 IPv4 routing configuration (20 marks)
• Configure OSPF for routing between Branch-C and HQ router. Use IPv4 150.50.XY.0/30 for network between the routers.
(Place the configuration command here for each router. Then enter to Packet
Tracer to implement a functional network)
2.3 IPv6 routing configuration (20 marks)
• Configure EIGRP or OSPF for the IPv6 network
(Place the configuration command here for each router. Then enter to Packet Tracer to implement a functional network)
2.4 IPv4IPv6 Network NAT-PT (20 marks)
• Configure HQ router for IPv4IPv6 NAT router so that the new IPv6 HQ network can access the branch C server, which has the IP address 150.50.XX.100. (Place the command here. Then enter to Packet Tracer to implement a functional network)
2.5 Verification (15 marks)
• Perform necessary verification to test the performance of the implemented network in packet tracer. All computers should be able to ping to any other computers on different networks and to the port on router. Use necessary screenshots of ping and show commands on computers and routers
You have to submit this document with a working packet tracer file by the due date. The submission box is in assignment 2 content section as follows:
a- Submit answer for sections 2.1 as word document in the Assignment 2 Task 1 folder
b- Submit answers for section 2.2 as word file and the packet tracer file also, in the
Assignment 2 Task 2 c- Submit the answers for questions 2.3, 2.4,2.5 as word file and packet tracer file (you submit two files one work and one packet tracer file) in the Assignment 2
Task 3-6 folder.
Check the due Dates for each task in VU Collaborate.
DO NOT ZIP THE SUBMISSION FILES