FACULTY OF HIGHER EDUCATION
Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T2 2021
Unit Code HC2022
Unit Title Marketing Research
Assessment Type Individual Assignment 2
Assessment Title Individual Report Project
Purpose of the 1/ Integrate theoretical and practical knowledge of Marketing Research in the context
assessment (with ULO of marketing-related business decisions
Mapping) 2/ Analyse business problems/opportunities using their Market Research skills and
develop appropriate strategies to achieve a competitive advantage.
Weight 20 % of the total assessments
Total Marks 20
Word limit Not more than 2000 words
Due Date Week 10 ( Friday 24th September 2021)- 11:59pm
Submission • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed
Guidelines Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm
margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at
the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
HC2022 Marketing Research Individual Report
Student will gain experience in applying the marketing research process, collecting secondary data and providing recommendations for and organisation’s strategy
SKY HIGH Real Estate Developers want to understand the present structures of Australian households and
families, as well as how these structures will change in the next 20 years. This will allow them to plan for the
kinds of properties that are in demand now and in the future. Using secondary data sources, find this
information for the real estate developer. This secondary data can be obtained from a variety of credible
sources, including: The Australian Bureau of Statistics website (www.abs.gov.au) and searching for ‘family
characteristics’. The most recent publication, released in 2015, is entitled 4442.0 – Family Characteristics and
Transitions, Australia, 2012––13, available at www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/mf/4442.0 You can also
gain some insight from:
https://quickstats.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2016/quickstat/036 You may
also source data from other credible sights.
Assignment Structure should be as the following:
Introduce the main problem the real estate developer is facing and how the data will be collected
2. The research Process
2. 1. Define the Problem
Clearly explain the problem that requires market research
2. 2. Planning the research design
Explain why secondary data will be used in this research
2. 3. Planning the sample
Provide information on the sample sizes used for the data you are using (this will come from the research organisation)
2. 4 Collecting the data
This is the one of the main sections (it should be around 300 words). Show the data you have collected. This should be well organised and easy to understand.
2. 5 Analysing the Data
This is the one of the main sections (it should be around 300 words). Explain what the data means in the context of the problem.
3. Formulating conclusion and recommendations
Conclude on the research and provide two specific recommendations for the real estate developer. 4. References
Holmes Adapted Harvard Referencing
Holmes has now implemented a Holmes adapted Harvard approach to referencing:
1. Reference sources in assignments are limited to sources which provide full text access to the source’s content for lecturers and markers.
2. Your Reference list is to be located on a separate page at the end of the essay and titled: References.
3. It should include the details of all the in-text citations, arranged alphabetically A-Z by author surname. In addition, it MUST include a hyperlink to the full text of the cited reference source.
Hawking, P., McCarthy, B. and Stein, A. 2004. Second Wave ERP Education, Journal of Information Systems Education, Fall, http://jise.org/Volume15/n3/JISEv15n3p327.pdf
4. All assignments will require additional in-text reference details which will consist of the surname of the author/authors or name of the authoring body, year of publication, page number of content, paragraph where the content can be found.
“The company decided to implement an enterprise wide data warehouse business intelligence strategy (Hawking et al, 2004, p3(4)).”
Adherence to Referencing Guidelines is Mandatory
If students do not follow the above guidelines:
1. Students who submit assignments which do not comply with the guidelines will incur penalties.
2. Students whose citations are fake will be reported for academic misconduct.
HC2022 Marketing Research
Marking criteria Weighting
1 Show the data you have collected. 5
2. Accurately analyses the relevant secondary data including recommendations 6
3. Shows knowledge of relevant theory 6
4. Overall presentation and referencing 3
Assessment Feedback to the Student:
Excellent Very Good Good Satisfactory Unsatisfactory
1 Show the data you have Data collected is very: Data collected is: Data collected is Data collected is Data collected is not
collected. relevant, well organised relevant, well somewhat: somewhat: relevant, relevant, disorganised
and easy to understand. organised and easy relevant, well well organised and and difficult to
to understand. organised and easy easy to understand understand
to understand and contains some
2. Accurately analyses the Very accurate analysis Accurate analysis of Somewhat Analysis of the Little to no analysis of the
relevant secondary data of the relevant the relevant accurate analysis of relevant secondary relevant secondary data
including recommendations secondary data secondary data the relevant data including including
including including secondary data recommendations, recommendations
recommendations recommendations including but with some
3. Shows knowledge of A deep knowledge of Good knowledge of Some knowledge of Knowledge of the Little to no knowledge of
the theory shown the theory shown the theory shown theory shown at the theory shown
4. Overall presentation and Presentation and Presentation and Presentation and Presentation and Presentation and
referencing referencing are at a referencing are at a referencing are at a referencing could be referencing are at a low
high standard high-medium medium standard improved standard
HC2022 Marketing Research