CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health (Release 2)
HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
Short answer questions
Student name: XXXXXX
Student number: XXXXXX
Assessment number: 35123/01
© This product is copyrighted to Aspire Training & Consulting (ABN 51 054 306 428). Aspire Training & Consulting owns all copyright to its products. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or unless you have obtained the specific written permission of Aspire Training & Consulting, you must not: • reproduce or photocopy this product in whole or in part • publish this product in whole or in part • cause this product in whole or in part to be transmitted • store this product in whole or in part in a retrieval system including a computer • record this product in whole or in part either electronically or mechanically • resell this product in whole or in part. Aspire Training & Consulting: • invests significant time and resources in creating its original products • protects its copyright material • will enforce its rights in copyright material • reserves its legal rights to claim its loss and damage or an account of profits made resulting from infringements of its copyright. This edition published under license by Open Colleges, 2018. All additions made by Open Colleges to original content © Open Colleges Pty Ltd, 2018. All rights reserved. No part of the material protected by this copyright may be reproduced or utilised in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
Instructions to the learner
To help Open Colleges manage your assessment, please use the following file-naming convention when you save your Microsoft Word document. Your file should be named and saved to your computer hard drive using your:
[Student number]_ [assessment] _ [assessment number].docx
For example: 12345678_21850a_01.docx
If, for any reason such as size of file, you need split one document into several different documents ensure you identify them as Part A, Part B etc. This will ensure the Assessor can mark sequentially.
Prior to submitting your assessment ensure that your name and student ID are included on the front cover page as well as in the footer of each page. If this is not done the assessment may be returned to you for authentication.
If there is a video or audio recording as part of this assessment you must have an introductory statement stating your name, student ID, Qualification and assessment number, along with the task or question you are responding to.
When you are ready to submit your assessment, upload the file to OpenSpace using the Assessment Upload links in the relevant module of your course. The ‘Support’ tab provides further assistance. Uploading assessments to OpenSpace will enable Open Colleges to provide you with the fastest feedback and grading on your assessment.
It is important that you keep a copy of all electronic and hardcopy assessments submitted to Open Colleges.
HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
This unit applies to workers assisting in leisure and health activity programming in a range of contexts. It describes the skills and knowledge required to obtain and interpret information about client health status and to check a client’s physical health. It requires a detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
This document is Assessment 1 of the two assessments you are required to complete, together with structured workplace learning, for HLTAAP002 Confirm physical health status
This assessment is designed to gather evidence of competence, specifically to:
• Obtain information about physical health status
• Check physical health status
• Identify variations from normal physical health status
35123/01 Short answer questions
Demonstrate your knowledge
For this assessment, you will be demonstrating your ability to obtain information about physical health status, check physical health status and identify variations from normal physical health status. This assessment is comprised of twenty-four (24) short answer questions.
1. When checking the health status of a client, each member of the care team has specific responsibilities. Provide an outline of the role, responsibilities and limitations for two (2) different members of a care team in your workplace. (approx. 200 words)
Role of care team Specific responsibilities Limitations
2. List the six (6) levels of structural organisation in the human body and provide an overview for each level. (approx. 300 words)
Levels of structural organisations in the human body Overview of each level
3. List and provide an overview of six (6) fundamental life processes which occur in living organisms (humans). (approx. 200 words)
Fundamental life processes Overview of each life process
4. A. What is homeostasis?
B. Explain relationship between homeostasis imbalance and disease? (approx. 200 words)
5. Conduct the relevant research and complete the table below by providing specific information for each body system as follows:
• Structure of each system
• Their key function(s)
• How they interact with at least two (2) other body systems
Note: ensure you provide references to your research.
Body system Structure Key function(s) Interaction with other systems
Cells, tissues, organs
Nervous system, including sensory systems – eye and ear
6. There are five (5) special senses within the human body system. List each special sense and:
• outline the function and structure (approx. 200 words, for all five (5) senses)
• give one example of how each sense interacts with body systems (approx. 200 words, for all five (5) senses)
Special senses Function and structure Example of how each sense interacts with body systems
7. There is common anatomical, medical and body system measurement terminology which is used when assessing the physical health status of a client.
Refer to your learning in OpenSpace and:
• In table 1, explain each anatomical and medical acronym
• In table 2, explain each body system measurement terminology
Medical acronyms Meaning
Body system measurement acronyms Meaning
8. For each of the listed common disorders provide:
• one primary body system
• one sign and symptom associated with each body system. (approx. 200 words)
Common disorders Body system Sign and symptom
Congestive cardiac failure (CCF)
Urinary tract infection (UTI)
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
9. a. List two (2) symptoms of a food allergy. (approx. 80 words)
b. List two (2) actions you should take in relation to dealing with clients who have food allergies. (approx. 80-100 words)
10. a. List two (2) symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. (approx. 80 words)
b. List two (2) actions you should take in relation to dealing with clients who have rheumatoid arthritis. (approx. 150-200 words)
11. a. What are pathogens? (approx. 50 words)
b. How does the lymphatic system defend the body against them? (approx. 80 words)
12. List and explain seven (7) endocrine glands within the body system. (approx. 150-200 words)
Endocrine Glands Description
13. Explain how inherited genetic conditions can have an impact on the development of disease. (approx. 100-150 words)
14. Provide an example of a health impact of an inherited genetic condition. (approx. 50-80 words)
15. Provide two (2) examples of how trauma, toxins and other environmental hazards can cause disease. (approx. 50-80 words)
16. Describe the impact of uncontrolled growth of cancer cells on a person’s physical condition. (approx. 50-80 words)
17. Provide an example of where the body’s cells adapt to changes in its environment. (approx. 200-250 words)
18. Give two (2) examples of how dietary and nutritional factors can affect homeostatic imbalance and disease (positively or negatively). (approx. 80-120 words)
19. a. What are the impacts of health intervention?
b. List two (2) causes of iatrogenic disease.
c. List two (2) types of iatrogenic disease.
20. a. Explain what is degenerative disease?
b. List four vital organ systems that can be affected by a degenerative disease.
c. Explain how the degenerative disease affects the organs.
21. List three signs that may indicate a person has problems with their edentulous (non-natural) teeth. (approx. 200 words)
22. Describe the following human processes and their purpose:
• Body temperature regulation
Human processes Description Purpose
Body temperature regulation
23. a. Make a list of five health professionals who your supervisor might suggest a referral to for potentially serious issues.
b. Describe the body system or specific area associated with each health professional. (approx. 80-100 words)
Health professionals Body system/Specific associated area
c. List and briefly describe four internal and four external factors which may impact physical health of a client.
Internal factors External factors
24. Identify one health procedure and describe the basic pharmacology practices, cautions and contradictions that need to be considered.
You must complete and submit the following.
Responses to Short answer questions 1- 25 0