Summative Assessment Information
All summative assessments are compulsory and must be attempted.
All learning outcomes must be passed at each assessment to pass the course.
Please refer to the Student Handbook (available on Blackboard) for information about student support and the assessment and grading process (including special considerations, reconsideration and appeals).
Summative Assessment 1
Title of assessment task: Presentation (5-7 mins)
This assessment task relates to the following learning outcomes: LO1, LO3, LO5
Assessment tl and Type LOW Learning Outcomes
Assessment 1 Audio-visual Presentation 1 Explore frameworks for midwifery practice in Aotearoa in reflection of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
3 Explore Matauranga o te Ao and midwifery practice in Aotearoa.
5 Consistently demonstrate behaviours and communication which are legal, ethical and culturally safe.
This is an individual audio-visual presentation that you will create and record yourself. The presentation will be between 5-7 minutes and uploaded. Full instructions on uploading will be provided. You can present in any way that allows you to meet the criteria e.g. art/powerpoint/dance/poem/spoken word etc. The presentation will not be marked after 8 minutes.
Explore frameworks for midwifery practice in Aotearoa in reflection of Te Tiriti d Waitangi (LO1).
• Choose one of the 7 frameworks (Dualism, Interpretivism, Feminism, Patriarchy, Consumerism, Te Ao Maori OR Pasifika world view) and consider how it relates to you in contemporary Aotearoa/ New Zealand.
• Explore how this same framework may inform the way you care for families/whanau.
Explore Matauranga o te Ao and midwifery practice in Aotearoa (LO3).
• Matauranga 6 te Ao (Maori world view) is becoming more visible as Maori midwifery kaiwhakawhanau is reinvigorating traditional knowledge around haputanga (pregnancy) whakawhanau (birth) and mokopunatanga (parenting).
• Explore how Matauranga d te Ao (Maori world view) may inform the way you would care for whanau Maori?
• Referencing is not expected for LO3
Consistently demonstrate behaviours and communication which are legal, ethical and culturally safe. (LO5)
Due Date: Monday 23rd August 1600hrs via Blackboard.