BSBINM601 Manage knowledge and information
Answer questions from Bounce Fitness case study
The assessment has been divided into four tasks:
• Task 1: Obtain information relevant to business issues.
• Task 2: Analyze information and knowledge.
• Task 3: Take Decisions on business issues identified.
• Task 4: Disseminate information to the organization.
Submit a completed report by responding all four tasks in Word format.
(You must use Assessment relevant documents- Bounce Fitness) for preparation of this report.
You must provide references at the end of your tasks. No Referencing = Not Satisfactory
Task 1: Obtain information relevant to business issues.
Submit: Develop a report by including the followings:
(You are required to read the Assessment relevant documents (Bounce Fitness) and respond to the questions (Q1 to Q3) below in the context of that case study.)
1. Identify, define and analyze the business objective, problems and issues. Identify what information you will require to provide to the CEO and Board of Directors to allow them to make a decision.
2. Investigate the information on the Fitness Australia website. How do you know that the information you are gathering is reliable?
3. Check the information and ensure that the information you select to use is not contradictory or ambiguous. How will you obtain reliable and other information not held in formal networks from Centers?
Task 2: Analyze information and knowledge.
Submit: Add the following information (answer Q4 to Q7) in your report.
4. Provide a description of the patterns or trends emerging by using a recently published report from Fitness Australia and provide your discussion (which should include the analysis of the statistics featured as part of your interpretation) on the selected relevant trends that may affect Bounce Fitness.
5. Based on Q4, discuss how the emerging trends in a ‘what if analysis’ and how it would impact Bounce Fitness?
6. How you have ensured that your analysis has been conducted using a logical approach to the evaluation and conclusions you have drawn?
7. What are the provisions for a contingency plan if there is a need to adjust any information collection systems currently in place? Briefly discuss on the recommendations to improve on information collection.
Task 3: Take Decisions on business issues identified.
Submit: Add the following information (answer Q8 to Q11) in your report
8. How do you know that you have sufficient information to make valid, credible and reliable recommendations to the CEO and Board of Directors and that it is valid and reliable? Document your recommendations including the use of an information system to capture future information relevant to this project.
9. Determine acceptable courses of action by following the risk management plans you have put in place.
10. Provide your decision by following the quantitative methods and discuss why it is essential to consult with specialist to assist decision making
11. Ensured decisions taken on Bounce Fitness’ information management are in accordance to meeting the organizational objectives, values and standards consistently; delegation/ accountability of the individual/ group responsible; in accordance with organizational guidelines and procedures, and; ensuring the appropriate implementation timeline and justification
Task 4: Disseminate information to the organization.
Submit: Complete your report by adding the following information (answer Q12 to Q14)
12. Discuss any factors, which may affect Bounce Fitness’ Information Management including relevant legislation.
13. Develop a communications plan for Bounce Fitness and discuss how you would include periodic updates on this plan
14. Explain why it is important to design and test systems to meet information requirements of Bounce Fitness