¦ill 5G W)'
Assessment 2: Project Execution Plan
Due date: Week?
Word count/Time provided: 2000 words
Unit Learning Outcomes: UL01, UL03
Assessment 2 Detail
This assessment requires student to develop PEP (Project execution plan) for a chosen project focusing on project delivery, project contract and project procurement. The PEP should include the followings:
1. Introduction: Describe and give background of the selected project. Give rationale why the project is selected.
2. Project delivery method: Discuss the project delivery method based on the criteria you think most appropriate for the project you have selected. Your discussion of the project delivery method should be based on Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk (CMAR) You must document all your assumptions and rationale for the selection of the project delivery system. All yours suggested
grading (the criteria, weights, and scores) should come with justifications and explain why you gaves such grade to each element of the selection matrix.
3. Project contract: Evaluate and recommend the best financial contract type for the selected project based on the criteria that are crucial to the project. The types of contract that need to be evaluated are Lump sumcontract, Guaranteed Maximum Price Contract and Cost- Plus Fixed Fee Contract. All grading must be justified and explained.
4. Project procurement: Evaluate and recommend the best procurement method for the selected project based on the criteria that are crucial to the project. The types of procurement that need to be evaluated are Competitive, Negotiated and Best Value. All grading must be justified and explained.
5. Project risk: Develop Risk Management Plan including Risk Register, Risk Quadrant Analysis, and risk mitigation plan.
Assessments 2 Marking Criteria and Rubric
The assessment will be marked out of 100 and will be weighted 30% of the total unit mark. The marking criteria and rubric are shown on the following page.