Chanel, the famous Fashion House, has bought the vineyards of Domaine d’Ile, which is an island off the coast of Southern France. The island grows grape varietals for the production of rosé - the famous wine colour, which reflects the ambience of the south of France. Chanel’s business strategy for buying this island’s vineyards - is to launch their first hospitality sector product, Chanel Rosé wine.
As part of the product branding strategy, Chanel is seeking to design an ongoing service experience over the summer, in a hospitality venue in the destination of the city of Nice, France.
This hospitality experience service will not be just one day – it will be continuous ie. the designed experience will be offered on a daily basis throughout a whole summer, so that this service & branding can be monetised mid-long term, for Chanel Rosé wine, and the partnering hospitality venue (which you will choose).
The content in the below resource links provide context to inform you of the history and general overview of the product, and the Sense of Place related to this brand. From this, and from performing your own independent research, compile a case study and show evidence of your own unique design experience:
1. Complete a critical analysis on the Experience Economy related to a similar beverage product launch that has happened globally in the hospitality sector. Include subject theory models of Service Design Thinking / Servicescape, the Experience Economy, & Sense of Place.
2. Analysis of the customer experience: the potential target market. Create a persona profile of customers who Chanel should target for this new wine experience. Complete one customer demographic profile for each of the below:
a) the product to be launched b) the brand
c) the destination
3. Assess 2 luxury brand launches or leisure / hospitality / retail experiences that have previously been delivered in this destination of Nice.
4. Curate an experience design brief at a hospitality venue or event space of your choosing in Nice, France:
• Justify your choice of venue.
• Explain your experience design concept.
• Justify your experience design by applying it to the models
of Servicescape Service Design Thinking, the Experience
Economy, & Sense of Place.
• Justify how your service experience will:
a) optimise branding & monetising via sales / exposure for the destination/venue
b) optimise / monetise branding / sales for Chanel rosé
c) satisfy the experience expectations of the target
*Being a case study and design proposal – the format is not to be essay style answers. Use subheadings, tables, diagrams etc., to focus your content, in a professional format, as if you were presenting this to Chanel’s marketing department.
*Include subheadings in each section as per relevant topics / theories contained in the case study and subject content.
*Recommended to use tables and diagrams ie. not essay format, to keep the presentation of the case study & design proposal succinct.