Student Number: (enter on the line below)
Student Name: (enter on the line below)
Trimester 1, 2021
TIME ALLOWED: 4.5 hours
All answers must be submitted within this time frame. Late submissions are not accepted.
Assessment Weight: 50 total marks
• All questions must be answered by using the answer boxes provided in this paper.
• Completed answers must be submitted to Blackboard by the published due date and time.
Submission instructions are at the end of this paper.
This assessment consists of six (6) questions and is designed to assess your level of knowledge of the key topics covered in this unit
Note. References are not mandatory for this assessment. However, please follow the Adaptive Harvard Referencing guidelines at the end of this paper if you use any reference(s) to explain any concept or theory.
Question 1 (11 marks)
You have been hired to develop a marketing plan for a small solicitor (lawyer) in your local town. Discuss the 4 segmentation bases that may be used, and then recommend a target market for your solicitor. Students should combine their discussion with theories provided in lectures (300 words)
ANSWER: ** Answer box will enlarge as you type
Question 2 (11 marks)
Consider the attributes of price, quality, availability, and promotion. Provide your justification for the best combination of these four attributes in brand positioning. (300 words)
Question 3 (7 marks)
A US health food store, Best Healthy Foods, has stores in over 100 countries, selling health food in a supermarket format. Their management are considering Australia as a potential market for their health food stores. As the marketing manager for Best Healthy Foods, you have begun your research into the Australian market.
You have identified families with children who are interested in health foods in the major cities as your target market.
Discuss how the economic and technological macro environments (external environment) may impact the marketing strategies you choose to implement. Give specific examples related to your discussion
(300 words total)
Question 4 (7 marks)
Discuss each of the five stages in the consumer decision making process when purchasing a gold necklace for a close female relative who is in her late 50s. You should combine your discussion with theories provided in the lectures. (250 words)
Question 5 (7 marks)
Discuss what and how personal factors influence consumer behavior. Provide an example of how age affects a consumer’s taste in products to support your discussion. (300 words)
Question 6 (7 marks)
Social Media is rarely used as the only source for brand communications. Identify and explain in detail at least three reasons why. (300 words)
END OF SUPPLEMENTARY ASSESSMENT
• Save submission with your STUDENT ID NUMBER and UNIT CODE e.g. EMV5897 HI5004
• Submission must be in MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT ONLY
• Upload your submission to the appropriate link on Blackboard
• Only one submission is accepted. Please ensure your submission is the correct document.
• All submissions are automatically passed through SafeAssign to assess academic integrity.
Assessment Design – Adapted Harvard Referencing
Holmes will be implementing as a pilot program a revised Harvard approach to referencing. The following guidelines apply:
1. Reference sources in assignments are limited to sources which provide full text access to the source’s content for lecturers and markers.
2. The Reference list should be located on a separate page at the end of the essay and titled: References.
3. It should include the details of all the in-text citations, arranged alphabetically A-Z by author surname. In addition, it MUST include a hyperlink to the full text of the cited reference source.
P Hawking, B McCarthy, A Stein (2004), Second Wave ERP Education, Journal of Information Systems Education, Fall, http://jise.org/Volume15/n3/JISEv15n3p327.pdf
4. All assignments will require additional in-text reference details which will consist of the surname of the author/authors or name of the authoring body, year of publication, page number of content, paragraph where the content can be found.
“The company decided to implement a enterprise wide data warehouse business intelligence strategies (Hawking et al, 2004, p3(4)).”
Non Adherence to Referencing Guidelines
Where students do not follow the above guidelines:
1. Students who submit assignments which do not comply with the guidelines will be asked to resubmit their assignments.
2. Late penalties will apply, as per the Student Handbook each day, after the student/s have been notified of the resubmission requirements.
3. Students who comply with guidelines and the citations are “fake” will be reported for academic misconduct.