You are helping Mr. Manuel Handel at the civil construction company WAMCo Pty Ltd to compile a booklet that will set out clearly and fully for workers the WAMCo WHS consultation and communication processes in which they need and are required by law to be involved.
• Study carefully the WAMCo Work, Health and Safety Management System (WHSMS) document.
• The Consultation, Representation and Participation Policy (WHSMS, pp. 33-34) in particular may help you with this project. Some other sections in the WHSMS may also be of help.
• Mr. Handel has determined that the existing content on consultation, representation and participation in the WHSMS is inadequate, and a new booklet setting out clearly the processes involved, for the benefit of the workers, needs to be created. He has asked you to compile a first draft of the booklet.
• You may use the WAMCo WHSMS as a source of information, however you will need to look beyond the WHSMS to compile the booklet.
• All answers must be in your own words, with no copying and pasting.
• Source material may be quoted with proper attribution.
The booklet must:
Explain what participation and consultation is. (30-50 words)
WAMCo Work, Health and Safety Management System (WHSMS) document.