Student Number: (enter on the line below)
Student Name: (enter on the line below)
TRIMESTER 1, 2021
Assessment Weight: 50 total marks
• All questions must be answered by using the answer boxes provided in this paper.
• Completed answers must be submitted to Blackboard by the published due date and time.
Submission instructions are at the end of this paper.
This assessment consists of six (6) questions and is designed to assess your level of knowledge of the key topics covered in this unit
Question 1 ( 10 marks)
Compare and contrast centralised, decentralised, and distributed IT architectures. Which do you think is most appropriate for ERP and why?
ANSWER: ** Answer box will enlarge as you type
Question 2 (10 marks)
The PMO is perhaps the single most important group as it relates to the success of an ERP implementation. Describe the role and components of the PMO and why it is critical to the success of the project?
Question 3 (10 marks)
Discuss any five benefits of Service Oriented Architecture over the traditional three-tier architectures?
Question 4 (6 marks)
What modules of the ERP system would you recommend and why should AB Electronics implement them? To maintain inventory what would be the solution that an EPR system could provide to AB Electronics?
Question 5 (6 marks)
Explain the three challenges and issues associated with the implementation of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems in AB Electronics. How might these be overcome?
Question 6 (8 marks)
Customer warranty and satisfaction is a substantial key aspect for any business to survey. How can an ERP system provide a solution for this?
END OF FINAL ASSESSMENT
• Save submission with your STUDENT ID NUMBER and UNIT CODE e.g. EMV54897 HS2041
• Submission must be in MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT ONLY
• Upload your submission to the appropriate link on Blackboard
• Only one submission is accepted. Please ensure your submission is the correct document.
• All submissions are automatically passed through SafeAssign to assess academic integrity.