Assessment 2 Educational resource
Due date Thursday 13th May at 5pm (Week 10)
Submission Your assignment will be submitted into a Turnitin submission box within the SNUG103 Moodle site. You will have the opportunity to review and re-submit your assignment up to the due date and time.
Type of Collaboration Individual Assessment
Length Three (3) A4 Pages
Details Understanding the normal structure and function of systems within the body is essential to nursing assessment and planning nursing care. It is also important for nursing to be able to explain complex information in simple language. The purpose of the assessment is to facilitate deeper learning of anatomy and physiology.
You are required to develop an educational resource (either in booklet style or a series of posters) aimed at children aged 10-12 years old.
From the list, select ONE (1) option:
- Thyroid & Heart
- Brain & Small intestines
- Skin & Heart
- Brain & Lungs
- Heart & Kidneys
- Long bones & Heart
You are required to explain the function of each of the structures/organs in your selection (One (1) A4 page each. A total of two (2) A4 pages). You are required to explain the function of each of the structure/organs at a chemical, cellular, tissue, organ and organ system level.
You are then required to explain how the two structures /organs interact with each other to assist in maintaining homeostasis (One (1) A4 page).
You are required to use descriptive language and avoid the use of complex medical jargon. You can create analogies to assist you in describing the function of each structure/organ and how they interact to and with each other.
Style and format Your resource can be created using any software design program and converted to PDF prior to uploading to Turnitin (suggest Canva, Microsoft Publisher, PowerPoint or Word).
Information on the resource must be presented in a readable format (requirements as per the School of Nursing Assessment Handbook do not apply for this assessment).
• Either landscape or portrait layout can be used. Make the information read from top left to right bottom.
• Font chosen must be readable and be between size 11-18.
• The information card must use a blend of written information and images. Text can be justified to left, right or centre to suit visual appeal of card.
• Double line spacing is not necessary.
• No requirements for page margins.
• A list of academic references must be included in the bottom right corner of your final page using APA7 style; in text citations are not necessary.
A summary of the APA 7 can be accessed on the Library website at https://uow.libguides.com/refcite/apa-7
Outcomes 2. Describe genes, cells, tissues, and basic chemistry relevant to the human body 4. Describe the normal structure and function of organs within the body systems including the integumentary, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine, lymphatic/immune, nervous, urinary and reproductive systems.
6. Define homeostasis and identify homeostatic mechanisms related to the body.
Marking Criteria See Rubric page 6