Service Design and Management SDM404 REPEAT ASSESSMENT, Term 1, 2021
Essay in 1500 words: Pass / Fail
Explain your understanding of the zone of tolerance and how it applies to the expectations, the process, and the outcomes in a service delivery. Illustrate using a service operation area at a hotel if you are familiar with.
Tense: Third person
Style: Essay form – grammatically correct
Font: Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri
Size: 11-12 point
Spacing: 1.5 lines
Indentation: First line
Referencing: APA 7th Edition accepted. No footnotes.
Submit to: (insert location)
TUA Cover Page
Body (no subheadings)
1. All referencing must be in accordance with the Academic Writing Guide: APA 7th Edition.
2. It is essential that you use appropriate APA style for citing and referencing research. Please see more information on referencing here in the Academic Writing Guide found via the Academic Skills website.
3. Student must refer in-text and in an associated reference list, to a minimum of 7 academic sources, plus others as required in order to show competency in the assessment. Up to three of these can be academic textbooks, with a minimum of four academic journal articles. Blogs and other unverifiable sources will not count as references.
1. Submit your individual report in Word document to Blackboard by (insert due date/time)
2. Students must refer, in text and in an associated reference list, to a minimum of 7 academic sources, plus others as required in order to show competency in the assessment. Up to three of these can be academic textbooks, with a minimum of four academic journal articles. Blogs and other unverifiable sources will not be counted as references.
3. Use font Time Roman, Arial or Calibri, size of 11-12, at one and half line spacing.
4. A Torrens University cover sheet is to be attached with the submission to Turnitin.
5. Essential that you view the marking rubric for this assessment and remember you do not need to attach this rubric to your submission.
All students are responsible for ensuring that all work submitted is their own and is appropriately referenced and academically written according to the Academic Writing Guide. Students also need to have read and be aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure and subsequent penalties for academic misconduct. These are viewable online.
Students also must keep a copy of all submitted material and any assessment drafts.
Repeat Assessment Marking Criteria for Repeat Assessment (Individual Essay)
Criteria Fail 0- 49 Pass 50 - 64 Credit
65 -74 Distinction 75-84 High Distinction 85-100
Research and use of literature/evidence of reading
No evidence of literature being consulted or irrelevant to the assignment set.
(0-14%) Literature is presented uncritically, in a purely descriptive way and indicates limitations of understanding. (15-18%) Clear evidence and application of readings relevant to the subject, uses indicative texts identified. (19-22%) Able to critically appraise the literature and theory gained from a variety of sources, developing own ideas in the process. (23-25%) Has developed and justified using own ideas based on a wide range of sources which have been thoroughly analysed, applied, and discussed. (26-30%)
Knowledge of theory (30%) Lacks theoretical support/evidence in a brief discussion. (0-14%) Poorly supported with related theories in basic discussion. (15-18%) Satisfactory support with key theories well integrated in discussion. (19-22%) Well supported with key theories well integrated in discussion. (23-25%) Strongly supported with key theories to provide a holistic and logical discussion. (26-30%)
Critical analysis (20%) Lacks critical analysis with basic, descriptive tones in discussion. (0-9%) Limited critical analysis, showcasing few illustrative examples in discussion. (10-12%) Critical analysis is satisfactory showcasing relevant examples in discussion.
(13-14%) Good critical thinking demonstrated, supporting by strong examples in discussion. (15-16%) Strong critical thinking demonstrated with strong, relevant examples that bind well in the discussion. (17-20%)
Presentation and referencing
(20%) Poor formatting, lack of flow and presentation quality. Incorrect citing. None and/or very poor reference list not in APA style. (0-9%) Formatting, logical flow and presentation quality to a minimal level. Incorrect citing. Poor reference list with APA style errors. (10-12%) Formatting, logical flow and presentation quality to a competent level. Appropriate citing with moderately good reference but with some errors.
Formatting and presentation quality at a highly effective level. Good citing in-text and logical flow. Minimal mistakes for reference list that meets requirement. (15-16%) Extremely well formatted with high presentation quality. Excellent in-text citing with error-free reference list that meets requirement. (17-20%)