Writing Proposal Template for ITC571
Read the guidelines in each section carefully and work based on them. We also given example in each section based on “Resource Sample-Mixed Reality Visualization in Image Guided Surgery” PDF File.
Student Name and ID
Project area You need to write the area/field that you are interested in.
Type of Project Practical/ Review
Technology Choose a technology that is used within the project area. Make sure you name the technology for your proposal. For example, you may find different types of technologies that can be used within the chosen domain (e.g. Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality), but you need to choose and focus only on ONE technology.
Technique Choose a technique that is used for the chosen technology within the area of your project. For example, for the mixed reality technology you may find than one technique, such as Tracking, Navigating and Visualisation. For your proposal, you need to choose and name ONE technique that your technology will be using within the project area.
Domain Identify the domain where the chosen technology will be used. You need to be VERY SPECIFIC about where your chosen technology can be used.
Project name You need to come up with a title for your proposal. This title should contain words that reflect the following: Technology, Technique, Domain
Key words Keywords are words or short phrases (two words) that reflect the topic of your proposal. These words MUST be used more frequently in your proposal. You cannot write too many keywords.
Background Information, Issues and Current Solutions 1. In this section, you need to give some background information about the technique for your technology and discuss the main issues associated with the technique. Then you need to briefly mention its current/existing solutions to the issues.
Shortcomings/ limitations in the current /existing solutions 2. Continue your writing to set the Motivation for the research as a starting point (What are some limitations of the current/existing solutions that you need to solve?)
Importance of solving this problem 3. Identify the need for the research (What are some important reasons for solving this problem? Why do you need to solve it?
2. The Main objective and purpose of this research 1. Clearly state the overall objective of the research. Then state the purpose of the overall objective of your research. The purpose MUST be linked with the objective of your research.
3. Questions need to be answered The questions need to be created based on the OBJECTIVE that you set. These questions will be used to collect accurate information in your literature review stage.
4. A Brief Description of Your Proposal Briefly reiterate some weaknesses of the existing solutions and propose measures to solve the weaknesses that exist in the current/existing solutions. You can use a diagram to clarify your proposal. When discussing weaknesses, you can look at the number or types of factors, types of data and relationship between the types of data.
5. The Process or Methodology of Your Project You need to write step by step what you are going to do in your project.
Define the chosen technique
Review studies on the chosen technique
Propose your taxonomy and major components
5. Expected Outcomes You need to write here the expected outcomes from your work focusing on who is going to benefit from this research.
Reference list Chose a 'Journal Paper' from CSU Library related to your topic, and avoid using Google search
List the reference that is used for this plan. The reference format should follow according to the APA7th version
The reference should be latest one