Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T3 2020
Unit Code HC3131
Unit Title Business Research Project
Assessment Type 1, Topic Approval, Presentation
Assessment Title Topic Approval
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) Clearly identify your chosen topic, having carried out some basic review of available secondary data to secure your interest (at least 3 academic articles, plus a business report, and a relevant current news item). Indicate the Research Problem, as you see it so far, and at least ONE research question at this stage (additional questions may be defined as you progress with this unit). 10%.
Matches outcomes 1,2,3
A brief presentation in-class in week 5 or 6. 4 PPTS 10%
Matches to Unit Learning Outcomes 4 and 5
Weight 20 % of the total assessments
Total Marks 20
Word limit Not more than 1200 words for the Topic Approval and 4 PPTS for presentation
Due Date Friday of Week 5
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by 12 midnight of the due date, along with a completed Assignment Cover Page. [If no cover page your mark will be reduced -20%].
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings, paragraphing, and page numbers. Slides in standardPPT fprmat.
• Reference sources must be correctly cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all in Harvard referencing style.
Assignment 1 Specifications
This unit aims to give you an opportunity to combine many facets of your acquired MBA skills into the production of a high-quality research project.
Assignment 1 - the Topic Approval - is to ensure you have given sufficient thought to the topic you are choosing to base your research project on.
Your tutor will LEAD and FACILITATE you through the process, week by week. The learning will be progressive, so for best results you will need to be reading the weekly lectures as well as in contact with your tutor during the interactive tutorials.
Assignment Structure should be as the following:
1. Say why this topic interests you. Submit a draft topic for approval.
2. Discuss your initial search for relevant literature and show that it has provided you with a good contextual understanding
3. Define the Research Problem that you intend to address (as you see it, so far)
4. Propose at least ONE research question that you will be seeking to answer through your research project (additional questions may be defined as you progress with this unit)
5. Develop a detailed table of contents and your initial reference list.