TASK 3 – Project - Develop and implement a recordkeeping framework, and Role-play
? Task summary
In this assessment task you will be required to develop a recordkeeping framework for SimIT (simulated business - provided by your assessor) and communicate the responsibilities and liabilities to senior management.
Role-play will be conducted to discuss your recordkeeping framework report, including communicating recordkeeping responsibilities to the management team and to gain endorsement of your framework.
? Resources and equipment required to complete this task
o Computer and Microsoft Office (Word).
o Access to the Internet for research, textbooks and other learning materials o Professional development report template.
o Access to SimIT Information and Project Management case-study (provided) document.
o Space to conduct a meeting o Role-play participants (assessor and students)
? When and where should the task be completed?
o This task may be done in your own time as homework or you may be given time to do this task in class (where applicable).
o The role-play (template provided below) is to be performed in class and observed by your assessor.
o Your assessor will provide you with the due date for this assessment.
? What needs to be submitted?
o Recordkeeping Framework report – first version o Recordkeeping Framework report – final version o Role-play notes
o You will participate in a role-play (see template at the end of this task).
o Please use the “Template for a Report” (given by your trainer) to complete this assessment.
o Your assessor will advise as to whether you must email them your completed assessment, submit the file on a USB drive or hand in a hard copy.
Task 3 - Project - develop and implement a recordkeeping framework, and participate in a role-play
Complete the following activities:
1. Develop a recordkeeping framework for SimIT (simulated business –provided). You should pay special attention to pages 92-96.
The framework must be presented in a professional format with a logical structure and headings to easily identify the information. The framework should be written clearly and concisely in language appropriate for the audience. Other than these requirements you may present your framework in any format (portrait, landscape, inserting tables, etc.) and it should between 7-8 pages in length. The framework must address the following:
? The purpose of the framework
? An overview of what records management is and a picture of the environment for SimIT
? The name and a very brief description of the legislation that applies (identified in Assessment Task 2)
? The standards that apply (identified in Assessment Task 2) with a brief description
? The titles and brief description of possible records management policies that SimIT will need developed
? The titles and brief description of schedules or other tools related to recordkeeping that SimIT will need developed
? The titles and brief description of possible records management procedures that SimIT will need developed
? A list of specific records and evidence to be kept
? Responsibilities and authorities relating to records management at SimIT. As a minimum responsibilities and authorities must be documented for:
- Regulatory requirements. This should also refer to the risks and liabilities identified
- Business function areas. This should also refer to the risks and liabilities identified
- auditing the accuracy of recordkeeping activities
- establishing and implementing the framework, standards and compliances, policies and procedures for recordkeeping
- monitoring reliability and continuing operation of systems which generate records (technologies)
- monitoring and reviewing the recordkeeping framework and function
? An established process for monitoring and reviewing the framework. This should include a schedule with timeframes and responsibilities.
2. Present (Role-play) your framework to CEO (your assessor) and the other senior managers (other students) at a meeting scheduled by the CEO (your assessor). The purpose of the meeting is to communicate recordkeeping responsibilities to the management team and to gain endorsement of your framework.
Provide your meeting participants with a hard copy of your framework. Your assessor will arrange a suitable time for the meeting and tell you how long you have.
During the meeting you are required to demonstrate effective communication and interaction skills, including:
? Using language and content that is appropriate for the audience
? Using active listening and questioning skills to clarify information and confirm understanding
? Appropriate use of non-verbal communication
Prepare a 1-page summary/notes of your role-play and submit this.
3. Following the meeting, consider the suggestions for improvement and feedback (list and describe these) from the management team and make the necessary changes to your framework.
Submit your final version of the framework to the CEO (your assessor).
What do I need to hand in for this task? Have I completed this?
Recordkeeping Framework report –first version ?
Recordkeeping Framework report –final version ?
Role-play notes ?