Subject Code: FINM4100
Subject Name: Data Analytics in Accounting, Economics & Finance
Assessment Title: Workshop Hand-up Questions
Assessment Type: Short Answer Questions
Total Marks: 5
Submission: Face to Face Students: In-class; Online Students: Via Email at beginning of webinar
Due Date: Beginning of class or webinar Week 4
Hand up 1 (Weeks 1-3)
All activity questions from weeks 1 to 3 inclusive (3 workshops).
1. Consider the following financial data from Yahoo finance for NetWealth a Fintech listed on the Australian Stock exchange:
Calculate one ratio in the below three categories and comment on how well they are managing this part of their balance sheets and income statement.
1. Debt management ratios
2. Profitability ratios
3. Market value ratios
2. Which of the following techniques could Netwealth use to assess the effectiveness of its marketing? Why? (look at Week 1 for description)
• Association rule learning
• Classification tree analysis
• Genetic algorithms
• Machine learning
• Regression analysis
• Sentiment analysis
• Social network analysis
3. SpaceShip Analysis.
Visit https://www.spaceship.com.au/ (or choose your own fintech).
a) Evaluate their website and product mix.
b) Evaluate their value proposition and business model.
c) Identify the problem, solution pair.
• What is the problem or need?
Page 1 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
• What is the solution?
• What does their marketing campaign look like?
• Are there any ethical concerns?
Each set of hand-up questions will be marked based on the following rubric:
Each hand-up will be marked on below criteria:
1. Student answers address the question and integrate relevant theory, examples and research. 4 marks
2. Student answers are correctly referenced and presented in a clear, concise and understandable format. 1 marks
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?
Click here for answers to these questions:
Word Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Page 2 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline