Template is attached for assessment. Pick a Rural/Remote area in Australia and choose a topic out of the ones mentioned to do mock grant for, maybe do it on: Addressing illicit drug use in rural Australia. As there will be lots of information on that. 1500 words and a Minimum of 10 peer previewed references in APA 7th ed. Thankyou
Health program proposal
Word Count: 1500 words (10% leniency either way)
Due date: Week 8:
Why is this assessment relevant?
As health professionals you will have opportunity to apply for grants as part of an organisation or an individual to run health promotion projects, research strategies and healthy living programs. Each grant application will require different levels of information, however they all want to know: who you are, what you want to do and why you want to do it, what you hope to achieve, how much will it cost and how long will it take. This assessment presents you with the opportunity to apply for a mock grant to run a health program in a rural and remote area. It will introduce you to the information often required when submitting a grant application.
Choose one of the following topic areas to design an innovative health program to run in a rural or remote part of Australia. Present your program by completing a grant application using the template provided HSC318 A2_Grant Submission.docx HSC318 A2_Grant Submission.docx - Alternative Formats
You will need to identify an actual rural/remote Australian community to run your program in. Your program can be addressed at any target group, for example, children, health workers, farmers etc.
• Addressing illicit drug use in rural Australia
• Oral and dental health in very remote Australian communities
• Increasing physical activity in rural Australia
• Encouraging healthy eating in rural and remote areas
Make sure your program goals are clear and reachable: SMART:
Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
Achievable (agreed, attainable).
Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
• Visit the AIHW web site and set text
• A guide on writing a grant application can be found here: https://www.fundingcentre.com.au/help/writing-grant
• Conduct further research using library resources, there is a Health Science libguide, see the link in the unit and review other websites and journal articles.
• A template has been provided and this is mandatory to use: HSC318 A2_Grant Submission.docx HSC318 A2_Grant Submission.docx - Alternative Formats
• Use 11 or 12pt font either calibri or arial preferred.
• Reference list at end of document using APA style, with at least 9-10 references used including research articles (reference does not contribute to word count).
• Use third person (no I or me) in academic writing and write as if this is something you intend to do (i.e.: The health promotion aims to….)