Read the following instructions and prepare a research proposal with all the requirements highlighted:
To complete this assessment task, students are required to select a company and at least one product / service that it offers. This may be their practice environment or another organisation or workplace to which they have access/knowledge.
Research Project scenario:
In this project you require to write a research proposal to initiate and lead applied research. Writing a research proposal can often be a very challenging and time-consuming process – especially for first timers. However, it is essential to get the best possible solution for your research needs. A great research proposal possesses clarity, displays depth of thought and provides direction. The bigger the scope of the project, the greater the importance of the outcome and the more time and energy you should invest in developing the research proposal. Remember, it is not only about conducting the research, but also about achieving an outcome.
The following tasks need to be completed to put together a great research proposal. A research proposal should contain some, and ideally all, of the following information. Complete all the following tasks:
• Introduction of the Company/Product or Services. Define the market and explain its dynamics, major players and key competitors
• Past and current activity, target markets (description of the geographical, cultural, social or institutional context within which the research will be carried out)
• Factors such as regulations, seasonality, distribution, pricing, communication, etc
• Research Problem and focus of the study.
• A clear and detailed statement of the research purpose and question or hypothesis being investigated, and how it meets the needs of the target group.
• A description of the geographical, cultural, social or institutional context within which the research will be carried out.
• A clear and detailed statement of the policies and procedures for conducting the research which includes consideration of all ethical requirements relevant to the context and how the data will be collected and stored in a systematic way to meet organizational policy requirements.
• A description of the research methodology and data collection and analysis methods, population or sample size which includes an analysis of factors affecting the integrity, validity and reliability of the research.
• An analysis of limitations of the research within the specific context which were considered when designing the research question and procedures.
• Evidence of consideration of a range of available research methods, theories and data collection techniques.
In the above assessment , you were required to write a research report based on selecting a company and at least one product / service that it offers. Now, in this assessment item 3, you are required to analyze and present the findings. In this task, you will act as Research and Development Manager. Assume you are presenting the research brief in front of the management of the selected company from Assessment 2. This is your opportunity to convince them for getting the approval whether to continue with the research or not. The agenda of the meeting is to present your findings, clear the doubts of Operations Manager and CEO about the proposed solution and seek their approval for the full project implementation. Your presentation should include below topics:
1. Give brief description of the research that you undertook for this project. Explain aims of the research, the purpose and context of the project including who initiated the research and who it was for.
2. Provide brief description of the sample used and discuss validity and reliability of data used for the research.
3. Discuss about various instruments used in the research project.
4. Give brief explanation of the procedures followed in the project, data analysis including any threats to the integrity of the data, trends and challenges.
5. Provide description and justification of the statistical techniques or other methods of analysis used.
6. Brief summary of the research question being investigated, the procedures employed, and the results obtained.
7. Describe various findings pertinent to each of the research hypotheses or questions.
8. Explain various implications of the findings and their meaning and significance in the project.
9. Explain various limitations – (unresolved problems, limitations, issues) that you have encountered during the project.
10. Evaluate how research findings such as trends and changes will impact on learning strategy.
11. Prepare list of various documentation done for the project and present research findings in a clear and logical manner consistent with audience needs.
12. Highlight any suggestions for further research that needs to be conducted.