Electronic Commerce Systems (ISY10058)
Title Development of Prototype of B2C E-commerce Website
Weight 30% of overall unit assessment
Due time 11pm, Friday (11/09/2020), Week 10 for Assignment2-1
11pm, Friday (25/09/2020), Week 12 for Assignment2-2
Length Maximum 1500 words for Assignment2-1
1. Task description
Assignment 2 is group work. The group size is 2 members. The Appendix is a guideline for undertaking the group work.
Your group will develop a prototype (front end) of a B2C e-commerce website for Hal’s Hardware based on the case study in the workshop guide:
ISY10058_WS_Topic01 Introduction to E-commerce Systems.docx.
This assignment includes 2 parts:
• Assignment2-1 is a document of system analysis and page design.
• Assignment2-2 is a prototype of the website according to Asignment2-1, which may not fully operate.
• You should outline the business background and its customers/visitors, based on which you should state the aim of developing the website.
• You should do o SWOT analysis for business analysis o Audience/users analysis for website usability
o Other analysis, such as risk analysis for security requirements, scope analysis for further/later development, etc.
• You should determine the objectives to develop the website according to the above analyses. The objectives should include o Online marketing - You should determine and discuss a marketing strategy in the context of the website.
o Online sale/purchase – You should categorize the products. Visitors can complete purchase from viewing a catalogue through to receiving order confirmation.
o Customer centric design - You should analyse the targeted visitors, and develop solutions for usability, accessibility, interactivity, personalization, etc.
o Trust creation and maintenance - You should outline and explain types of trust that are relevant to the website.
o Other objectives, such as implementation of security, recruitment, special e-commerce environment, new e-payment system, etc.
• You should use a concept map to summarise the relationship among the above aim, objectives and solutions.
• You should design the web pages according to the above analysis, where o You should use a diagram for organisation of files in appropriate folders, o You should use a navigation map for hyperlink structure design, and o You should use storyboards for web page design.
You should organise contents logically in a report style document.
With the progress of your study since the initial submission of Assignment2-1, you can revise or update the document, and re-submit an updated Assignment2-1 together with Assignment2-2. In the updated version, changes must be recorded by means of the Review - Track Changes of MS Word. Significant changes to the original analysis/design indicate a poor original work, and therefore you cannot get additional marks from the revision work.
An analysis/design document is not a traditional report. In Assignment2-1, abstract, conclusions and recommendations may not be necessary.