Assessment 2: Reflection
Due date Week 8: 9.00am, Sunday 06 September 2020
Length 500 words
Submission Turnitin via Blackboard
Requirements You will reflect on the experiences of an entrepreneur from a guest speaker presentation.
Your reflection will:
• Identify and explain the relevance of theory to the entrepreneur and/or the business in practice and, where relevant, discuss any differences or gaps in theory. Choose only theory/concepts that you consider most relevant, from INTB862 weeks 2-7
• Outline and justify your own ideas on the main reasons for this
• Identify the single most important learning you would take to your own business start-up and explain why.
This assessment must follow the academic integrity guidelines stated in the Business Programmes Assessment and Study Handbook or the Law Programmes Assessment and Study Handbook and use the required referencing style. NB. IN this assessment you will provide a Bibliography but are not required to provide in-text references.
Programme learning goals 1. Be self-aware, critically reflective and ethical international business professionals
2. Be effective thinkers and problem-solvers
3. Be effective communicators (written and oral)
4. Be able to apply international business knowledge to issues in professional
international business practice
Paper learning outcomes 1. Analyse the characteristics of SMEs and the implications for their internationalisation
2. Identify and critically evaluate SME internationalisation approaches
3. Compare and contrast approaches to strategy and internationalisation by SMEs and start-ups, with that of multinational enterprises
4. Examine issues and opportunities for SMEs in different national contexts