ASSIGNMENT 2: Submission of Discussion Forum (DF) posts
Due date: Tuesday 15/09/2020 by 10pm.
Length and/or format: Approximately 1000 words +/- 10%
Purpose: To provide an avenue for engagement and learning among peer
students on the topic of this unit.
Details of the assignment:
There is a requirement to participate in the online Discussion Forum on the Learning Environment Online (LEO). The discussion will be open from Friday 21/08/20 at 0900 and will close Monday 07/09/20 at 10pm, inclusive of weekends. Over this period, you are required to contribute at least 1000 words in total, which is comprised of at least one 500 word posting and at least two formal responses to peers which will be submitted to Turnitin on the due date. Higher marks will be awarded to students who support their formal posting/s and responses with reference to credible, academic literature. There is no penalty for contributing further, however please only submit your 1000 words from your formal posting/s and responses. Please note that the submission should reflect your best formal posting and two responses exactly as they were presented in the Discussion Forum. Marks will be awarded for full engagement in the discussion as well as for your submission.
The discussion forum is for you to discuss the concepts introduced in the unit with your peers and the Lecturer-in-Charge (LIC). This needs to be a scholarly discussion with relevant reference to the academic literature but can include a few more informal postings. The idea is to use the discussion forum for a scholarly yet slightly informal exchange.
The topic for the discussion forum is:
• • Describe some challenges relevant to workforce management within a healthcare environment;
• • Justify how you would forecast workforce supply and demand over the next five years;
• • Identify and justify a performance management strategy that you would adopt in a healthcare facility to manage your workforce;
• • Comment on and critique other students’ ideas about workforce management in healthcare.
• • Support your comments with reference to the literature.