Learners Assessment Guide
SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
Name: ______________________ Student ID: ______________________ Email Address: ________________ Class: ______________________
Unit name: _____
Unit Code: ______________________________________________
I declare that –
a. The evidence I have submitted for assessment is my own work, and
b. The evidence I have submitted for assessment has not been shared with other students, and I have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that my work cannot be accessed by other students that may seek to submit my work as their own, and
c. All of the sources of information used to prepare my work have been, or may be accurately cited, and
d. I retain a copy of all my original for my own records, or for resubmission if required by
Academia Australia, and
e. I have read and understood Academia Australia’s policy regarding plagiarism, and I accept the right of Academia Australia to investigate suspected plagiarism, and to act in accordance with the policy and procedure I have read.
Student Signature: __________________________________________
Date of Submission: ___ / /20
• You must achieve a satisfactory outcome for each of the required criteria of this assessment to be deemed satisfactory for this assessment. You must achieve a satisfactory result for the assessments for this unit of competency to achieve a competent result for the unit. If one or more of the assessment results are not satisfactory, you will be Not Yet Competent for this unit.
• You may follow the Assessment Appeals process in the Student Handbook (www.academia21.com) if you are not satisfied with: o the assessment result; or
o the way an assessment was carried out by your trainer; or o the conditions or structure of the assessment
The student handbook has the steps for reassessment if you receive a Not Yet Competent mark and do not want to appeal.
Reasonable adjustment for assessment
Where students have highlighted Language, Literacy and Numeracy issues reasonable adjustment to the assessment can be made. Should you receive a ‘Not Yet Competent’ or ‘Resubmit’ result for the assessment you will be given the opportunity to re-submit your assessment work with any amendments requested by your trainer. The adjustment may include actions such as:
• Student demonstrating knowledge through verbal discussion to identify correct answers
• Student demonstrating knowledge through applied skills
• Allowing additional time relating to disability
• Through consultation amending assessment timeframes
• Assistance in the form of the training location to allow easier access
• Accessing relevant equipment or aids to assist the student
• Adjustments to the assessment methods to cater for any special needs (without effecting the integrity of the outcome)
If a student requests or is identified as requiring reasonable adjustment to the training and assessment process a detailed training and assessment plan including timetables, notes regarding the required adjustments, and any related communications regarding the adjustments must be maintained in the students file.
The RTO Manager must review and authorise any request for ‘reasonable adjustment’ to ensure that any adjustments and resulting outcomes are not affecting the integrity of the training and assessment process.
Location of and completion timeframes for assessment
The location of the assessment will depend upon the nature of the assessment. Direct observation of student’s skills will be assessed in the practical commercial kitchens / simulated restaurant at Academia, the timeframes for these assessments will be related to the scheduled times of the practical classes. Other assessments such as; role plays, in class activities, presentations and written tests will be conducting in the classroom. The timeframes and due dates for these assessments, as well as any reports, projects or research assignments, are documented in the stage outlines. Stage outlines are handed out at the beginning of each term.
Assessment 2 - Presentation
You are to research either a current business news story or a recent court case that highlights the issues involved in Business Ethics and Business Relationships within the Hospitality industry.
You are to present this information to the rest of the group via a minimum ten-slide Power Point presentation.
You are to presume that you are an outside consultant and that you are helping the company you are representing, to avoid a similar situation occurring to them. Therefore, recommendations on successful relationships must be made.
Points to consider:
• Clearly outline the parties involved and the dates of incident.
• What was the issue and why was it unethical?
• What laws were broken or applied to this incident?
• Why do you think the incident occurred?
• How did it effect its relationships with its stakeholders or what would the effect be?
• How this incident could occur within your business?
• What policies and safeguards could you put in place to prevent it from happening?
• Prepare a conclusion that advises against any unethical behavior and why?
Please refer to the marking criteria and make sure that you address all the criteria in the following page for this assessment.
0 1 2 3
SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
Student presents themselves in a professional manner
Explanation of ethical issue, included an explanation of where the information came from
Explanation of why this is an ethical issue
Explanation of why this issue is important to the business you are addressing
Explanation of why the other business allowed itself to get into this position
Identification of strategies that will allow the business you are addressing avoid being in a similar position
Explanation of any cultural or religious beliefs that need to be kept in mind when dealing with the issue
Strength of concluding argument
Total Marks out of 24
Student is satisfactory for this assessment task: Yes Not Yet
________________________________ ___ / ___ / _____
Trainer’s Signature Date