Requirements This reflection is based on your experience of change in an organisational setting as an employee, manager, business owner/ employer or as a volunteer. You are required to:
1. 1) Briefly describe the change, identify the other stakeholders affected by the change and explain the role you played.
2. 2) Reflect on your personal cognitive, affective, and behavioural responses to the changes and the responses of one other stakeholder.
3. 3) Apply 6 essential assumptions about change management from the week 1 reading (ten Have, Graamans, & ten Have, 2019) to a critical reflection on your experience described above.
4. 4) Critically analyse why two approaches to change management presented in any of the course readings might have been more appropriate than the experience you described above in 1. In this section you should apply, concepts, theories, models, or frameworks to your analysis from the course readings on page 6 of this study guide. ARTICLES ARE PROVIDED.
MANAGING CHANE, Assessment event details: Self Reflection, 1500-word limit.
Weekly programmed All readings: page 6 reference for assignment
Note: MUST USE THESE PROVIDED ARTICLES ONLY FOR ASSIGNMENT.
1 Conceptualizing change management Personal experiences of change. ten Have, W., Graamans, E., & ten Have, S. (2019). Reconsidering essentials of organization development: an evidence-based change management perspective. In R. Hamlin, Ellinger, & J. Jones (Eds.), Evidence-Based Initiatives for Organizational Change and Development (pp. 52-75). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225- 61552.chpts 1 & 3.
2 Complexity culture and change Cseh, M., & Coningham, B. (2019). Culturally informed evidence- based organizational change and development through the lens of complexity theory. In R. Hamlin, A.
Ellinger, & J. Jones (Eds.), Evidence-Based Initiatives for Organizational Change and Development (pp. 140-154). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225- 6155-2.chpt 7.
Smollan, R. (2006) Minds, hearts and deeds: Cognitive, affective and behavioural response to change. Journal of Change Management, 6(2), 143-158.
ASSIGNMENT STRUCTURE: Minimum 1500 words.
INTRODUCTION: Road Map
1) Describe your experience: 3-4 lines
2) Emotions, thinking, actions (Cognitive, affective and behavioral responses to change) Article provided (Smollan,2006) use ITAC model of writing
3) 6 X Paragraphs (6 Assumptions) Chapter 3, article provided.
4) Analyze two approaches: Chapter 1 ARTICLE PROVIDED
USE ONLY TWO APPROACHES BASED ON UR WRITING
1) Hamlin (2001a) created a composite ‘generic model for managing planned organizational change’ comprised of six phases, adapted versions of which are as follows:
Phase 1: Diagnose/explore the current organizational state and define what the future organizational state should be
Phase 2: Create a strategic vision that gives focus to the intended direction of travel
Phase 3: Plan the change management strategy
Phase 4: Secure ownership, commitment and involvement from all stakeholders affected by the change,
and ensure there is support from top management
Phase 5: Project manage the implementation of the strategy and sustain the momentum
Phase 6: Stabilize, integrate and consolidate to prevent regression and perpetuate the change
2) PESTLE Approach
3) Lewin’s ‘unfreeze-move-refreeze’ model,
4) DIALOGIC DISCOURSE APPROACH
COCLUSION: No theory
REFERENCES: Use 6 or 7 APA style