Assessment cover sheet
To assist with the marking of this submission please read the instructions carefully and upload all requirements with this cover sheet via the AAMC Training Group portal. AAMC Training may conduct independent evaluation checks and contact your supervisor to discuss your assessment.
Assessment name BSBWOR501 Skills Signoff
Years in industry
Please indicate style of course undertaken:
? Correspondence ? Online ? Face to face Trainer’s name:
Checklist of required attachments:
ONLY the following pages of this assessment are to be uploaded with this cover sheet:
? Skills Assessment Form (p4)
? Third Party Observer Signoff (p5) and supporting documents (qualifications/resume of declarer)
Please indicate style of course undertaken:
? Face to face Trainer’s name: ? Correspondence ? Online
Once your assessment has been uploaded it will be pending review with your nominated course assessor and marked within 5-10 working days. You will receive an email advising you have been marked as “satisfactory” or “additional information required”.
If you have queries relating specifically to your assessment please log an ‘Assessment Query’ under the HELP tab on your Members Area dashboard and a Student Support officer will respond.
Alternatively, if you have an administration query please go to ‘Admin Query’. For example: I am having trouble with uploading my assessments and require assistance – can you please help me with this?
Should you need to speak to someone during office hours, please contact us by:
Phone: +61 (03) 9391 3643 / +61 (0)8 9344 4088 OR Email: email@example.com
BSBWOR501 Skills Signoff
You may be able to claim credit transfer for a unit/s of competency that you have previously completed with AAMC Training or another RTO. If you have been awarded a record of result or statement of attainment for any of the units detailed below then please go to the Credit Transfer tab in your Learning Centre and follow the prompts.
This assessment relates to the following units of competency:
• BSBWOR501 Manage personal work priorities and professional development
Please refer to AAMC Training’s full Recognition Policy for further details.
Skills Assessment and Third Party Observation/Sign-off
INFORMATION FOR THE CANDIDATE
The following role play must be conducted to further determine your oral communication skills and knowledge in designing and producing business documents. The observer must act as your “Manager” and you will be asked to follow the script as detailed. You must endeavour to establish rapport with the “Manager” (Observer). You may also wish to write your answers down and rehearse prior to completing the role play. It is important to be prepared.
Should you not know anyone suitable to be your Observer, you may contact AAMC Training to assist with conducting the role play. Please note there will be an additional charge.
The Third Party Observer should only comment on criteria where they have directly witnessed you performing competently during the role play. Therefore, you should not expect them to make assumptions about your competence. Do not pressure a third party to sign a supporting statement if she/he has not had the chance to observe your role play.
Submit only the competency checklists duly signed by your Third Party Observer and their supporting qualifications/resume for the role play you have undertaken.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT:
• You must provide a copy of the role play instructions and the skills assessment marking form to the Third Party Observer for review prior to the Skills Signoff.
• The skills assessment provides guidance for both parties. You should review the skills assessment form prior to the role play in order to adequately prepare for the role play.
• The Third Party Observer is required to indicate if the candidate meets the performance criteria expectations by placing a ‘S’ – Satisfactory or ‘NS’ – Not Satisfactory mark against each item in the marking form. Additionally, the Observer is asked to answer ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to questions relating to the candidate’s oral communication skills and ability to interact with others. The Observer is asked to make an overall detailed comment substantiating the marks they have issued and how the candidate has performed.
• The Third Party Observer is required to make a declaration that the information and comments that they have provided are true and correct. The Third Party Observer is to provide evidence of their qualifications and experience.
INFORMATION FOR THIRD PARTY OBSERVER
The candidate is seeking a supporting statement from you as part of the evidence they are compiling in order to complete the requirements for a vocational education qualification. You are to act as the “Manager” mentioned in the role play/skills assessment. You will be assessing the candidate based both on their clear responses of the questions and ability to build rapport with the client. Suitable feedback comments are required.
The Third Party Observer must be someone who possesses sound financial services industry (credit activities such as finance/mortgage broking) experience/knowledge. It is also important that the declarer has a good understanding of the use of various software for the design and production of business related documents using organisational requirements for creating, managing and storing these documents.
The Third Party Observer may be one of the following and will be required to signify the finance/mortgage broking experience achieved and/or the qualifications held on the Skills Assessment (Role Play) form:
• A holder of a Certificate in Finance and Mortgage Broking or Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management (you will need to hold an equivalent or higher qualification, depending on which course the candidate is undertaking)
• An Accountant/Financial Planner with credit activity experience
• An Australian Credit Licence holder/ Responsible Manager for an ACLH
• A nominated Mentor with the appropriate authorisation from an industry association or ASIC.
A copy of your qualification/resume and a short detail of your industry experience is required.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE SKILLS ASSESSMENT:
• The candidate must provide a copy of the role play instructions and the skills assessment marking form to the Third Party Observer for review prior to the Skills Assessment.
• The Third Party Observer should familiarise themselves with the objectives of the assessment.
• The skills assessment form provides a script for the role play, with guidance provided for both parties. You should review the skills assessment form prior to the role play in order to adequately prepare for the role play.
The Third Party Observer is required to:
• indicate if the candidate meets the performance criteria expectations by placing a ‘S’ – Satisfactory or ‘NS’ – Not Satisfactory mark against each item in the marking form
• answer ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to questions relating to the candidate’s oral communication skills and ability to interact with others
• make an overall comment substantiating the marks they have issued. Please note: brief comments will not be accepted and the role play will be returned for further comment by the third party.
• make a declaration that the information and comments that they have provided are true and correct
• provide evidence of their qualifications and experience
Skills Assessment/Role Play
As a finance broker you are required to develop and maintain professional competence in industry, set goals, plan and serve as a positive role model. Therefore, it is important to seek feedback from various people in your network, including your clients, peers and colleagues. They assist you to gauge how you are preforming, in order to enhance knowledge, skills and relationships and overall, continually improve. Complete the following skills role play to prove your understanding of these keys areas. A copy of the Credit Guide from the AAMC Training Useful Resources, would be helpful to complete this role play. Refer to the section of the document in relation to the complaints process.
Criteria to be addressed S NS
Your business has received a verbal complaint from a client saying that you did not correctly explain information regarding your complaints process (contained within the credit guide in AAMC Training’s Useful Resources). How could you find out more from the client, your colleagues or employees about the situation? You may use different methods to acquire further information from each individual. What information should you ask and explain how you would use this information in order to seek ways to improve competence. i.e.; training/development opportunities.
Discuss how the candidate seeks feedback from employees, clients and colleagues and use this feedback to identify and develop ways to improve competence. ?
Discuss how you would serve as a positive role model in the workplace through personal work planning.
Discuss how you participate in networks (what types of networks) to enhance skills and work relationships.
You are required to discuss with the candidate how they demonstrate that they can serve as a positive role model in the workplace. Also, ways they could use their networks to enhance their own skills and knowledge.
*Please make relevant comments about how the student preformed in the role plays ensuring you also touch on the points below: ?
Candidate used interpersonal skills to establish and build positive working relationships with others ?
Candidate used active listening and questioning techniques, using appropriate conventions and protocols whilst communicating and seeking feedback from stakeholders. ?
Third Party Observer (mandatory) Comments.
(Please note: brief comments will not be accepted and the role play will be returned for further comment by the third party).
Third Party Observer Signoff
Title ? Mr ? Mrs ? Ms ? Miss ? Other:
Phone (Mobile): Phone (Other):
Relationship to candidate:
*SELECT ONE OF THESE OPTIONS WHICH REFLECTS YOUR EXPERIENCE/
QUALIFICATION AND PROVIDE A COPY
OF YOUR LICENCE, CERTIFICATE, RESUME OR MENTOR AUTHORISATION
AS YOU SPECIFIED. AAMC Training Trainer/Assessor (no resume required) ? Yes
A holder of a Certificate IV in Finance/Mortgage Broking OR
A holder of a Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management ? Certificate attached
An Accountant, Financial Planner, Bank Manager, Lending Manager, Mobile Lender or similar with customer facing credit activity experience ? Resume attached
An Aggregator, Lender BDM who works directly with brokers in preparing loan applications and training/mentoring brokers to work with clients, structure loans and lending policies and procedures.
An Australian Credit Licence Holder and/or a Responsible Manager for an Australian Credit Licence Holder ? Licence attached
A nominated Mentor with the appropriate authorisation from an industry association or ASIC ? Authorisation
Third Party Observer feedback Did you feel you were given enough information and supported through the process of undergoing this assessment? ? Yes ? No
Did you feel the resources provided were suitable for your workplace? ? Yes ? No
Do you think the assessment was relevant to this particular qualification’s training needs? ? Yes ? No
The information and comments provided above are true and correct and in my opinion the candidate has satisfactorily met the performance criteria expectations for the listed units of competency.
Third Party Observer signature: .......................................................... Date:
*This is a mandatory attachment