Assignment Details : Management and organization in global environment
The word limited is 300 words for each question.
Week 12 - Friday 11:59 PM (Midnight)
[Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all using Harvard referencing style.
This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of Organisational Behaviour in a Global context.
Answer All FIVE (5) of the following questions. The questions come from the pre-recorded tutorial questions from Week 7 to Week 11.
1. From Week 7 Pre Recorded Case Study (10 marks)
(a) Describe rational decision making. (4 marks)
(b) Cite 3 reasons for and 3 reasons against rebuilding Greensburg as a “green town.” (6 marks)
2. From week 8 Pre Recorded Case Study (10 marks) (a) What is horizontal communication? (6 marks)
(b) How is the horizontal form of communication more prominent in Intermountain Healthcare? (4 marks)
3. From Week 9 Pre Recorded Case Study (10 marks)
(a) Where does Hewitt’s leadership fall on the Managerial Grid discussed in the chapter? (5 marks) (b) What deficiencies or shortcomings would you identify in Hewitt’s leadership? (5 marks)
4. From Week 10 Pre Recorded Case Study (10 marks)
(a) Based on this case study, what issues with China-based suppliers require Numi’s managers to
use influence and persuasion tactics? (4 marks)
(b) How does Numi get suppliers to comply with its policies? (6 marks)
5. From Week 11 Pre Recorded Case Study (10 marks)
(a) Does Honest Tea have more of an organic or mechanistic structure? (4 marks) (b) How can you tell (Justify)? (6 marks)
Academic honesty is highly valued at Holmes Institute. Students must always submit work that represents their original words or ideas. If any words or ideas used in a class posting or assignment submission do not represent the student’s original words or ideas, the student must cite all relevant sources and make clear the extent to which such sources were used. Written assignments that include material similar to course reading materials or other sources should include a citation including source, author, and page number.
In addition, written assignments that are similar or identical to those of another student in the class is also a violation of the Holmes Institute’s Academic Conduct and Integrity Policy. The consequence for a violation of this policy can incur a range of penalties varying from a 50% penalty through to suspension of enrolment. The penalty would be dependent on the extent of academic misconduct and the student’s history of academic misconduct issues.
All assessments will be automatically submitted to SelfAssign to assess their originality.
For further information and additional learning resources, students should refer to their Discussion Board for the unit.