Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T1 2020
Unit Code HC3031
Unit Title Trends in the Global Business Environment
Assessment Type Individual Assignment
This is strictly required to be your own original work. Plagiarism will be penalised. Students are required to apply the theories and knowledge derived from the unit materials, demonstrate critical analysis and provide a considered and comprehensive evaluation. Students must use correct in-text citation conventions.
Assessment Title Tutorial Question Assignment 1
Purpose of the assessment and linkage to ULO. Student is required to answer 5 questions come from the recorded tutorial questions every week from week 3 to week 6
The following Unit Learning Outcomes is applicable to this assessment:
- Student will be able to analyse and evaluate social, economic, political and technological trends.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the academic literature on the macro environment level.
- Demonstrate the capacity to write persuasive reports containing sound recommendations, in preparation for a career in business or government.
Total Marks 50 Marks
Word limit The word limited is provided in each question
Due Date Week 8 - Friday 11:59 PM (Midnight)
[Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• A minimum of 10 peer-reviewed academic articles in total must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard referencing style.
Page 2 of 2
Assignment Specifications Purpose:
This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of trends in the global business environment.
Answer All FIVE (5) of the following questions. The questions come from the recorded tutorial questions from week 3 to week 6.
Tutorial 2 Week 2 Q3(10 marks)
What trade theories support the recent rise of China and India on the global stage? Explain your views in detail. Answer this question in 300 words
Tutorial 3 Week 4: Q4 (10 marks)
Name four elements of culture and briefly indicate why they are important when marketing products and services internationally. Answer this question in 300 words
Tutorial 3 Week 4: Q5 (10 marks)
What types of managerial decisions in foreign countries are driven by cultural factors?
Answer this question in 300 words
Tutorial 4 Week 5: Q2 (10 marks)
Criminal laws vary widely throughout the world. What may be a “crime” in one country may represent permissible conduct in another country? Why do you think there are such vast global differences in this regard? Answer this question in 300 words
Tutorial Week 6: Q1 (10 marks)
Would companies eliminate financial scandals if they establish a corporate ethics code? Why or why not? Answer this question in 300 words