Assessment Task 2- Report (and a Presentation) Develop and present a marketing plan
In this assessment task you are required to develop a marketing plan by reviewing the strategies and tactics you devised in Assessment Task 1 and describing how they meet the requirements for the organisation. You also need to present the marketing plan including marketing strategies you devised, your approaches and your reasoning for developing these and incorporates feedback from key stakeholders.
To assess your demonstrated ability to develop a marketing plan describing your marketing strategies and activities, including clear descriptions of how your strategies reflect organisational objectives and make a presentation of the plan.
Simulated work environment. This assessment will be conducted within the training facility in the specific training room allocated for the trainee/s during the training sessions planned for assessment using simulated workplace scenario with the access to materials and equipment facilitated by your assessor. You need to access to:
• relevant legislation, regulations, standards and codes
• relevant workplace documentation and resources • case studies and, where possible, real situations
• interaction with others.
1. Assessment task 2, assessment instructions
2. Computer with Internet access and word-process software (MS Word/MS Excel)
3. Workspace, table, chair and stationery.
1. Use the work completed for assessment task 1for the preparation of developing marketing plan 1 for simulated workplace (case study).
2. Undertake the task of developing a marketing plan. Follow the structure as headings provided to you in the task
3. This task requires you to interact and meet with your manager (assessor) and other stakeholders. Form the individuals with specific roles to role-play as agreed by your assessor.
4. You may access any learning materials and resources during this activity.
5. Complete the following assessment task activities during the allowed assessment date/s and time/s.
6. The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor.
7. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
8. Submit your work with any required evidence attached.
9. See the specifications above for details of submission requirements.
10. Time allowed for the assessment task is 4 hours.
This assessment can be completed in your own time as you work through the related topics in either the Student Workbook or under the guidance of the assessor. The assessment will be due for completion at the completion of Section 3 of the Student Workbook, unless otherwise advised by the assessor.
1. submit a marketing plan that follows the instructions as set out in the procedure below. (word limit approx. 1500 – 2500 words)
2. present the marketing plan, receive the feedback and adjust marketing plan in response to feedback from key stakeholders and disseminate for implementation within the required timeframe
Your assessor will be looking for your ability to:
1. devise, document and present a marketing plan including:
a. evaluation of marketing opportunity options
b. marketing strategies that utilise existing strengths and opportunities and develop resources and expertise as needed to meet objectives
c. marketing tactics that are legal, ethical, achievable and can be reviewed
d. costs, scheduling, responsibilities and accountabilities for tactics
e. strategic use of marketing approaches and marketing mix
f. rationale for objectives and chosen strategies and tactics
2. adjust marketing plan in response to feedback from key stakeholders and disseminate for implementation.
1. For the organisation outlined in the case study materials from Assessment Task 1, and using the strategies and tactics developed in Assessment Task 1, you are required to prepare a marketing plan using the headings below. And then present marketing plan for approval in the required format and timeframe.
a. Executive summary – Provide an overview of the organisation and the plan, which simply states what is to be achieved.
b. Introduction – Provide an introduction as to what this plan is about, purpose of the plan and scope of the plan.
c. Background – Describe the organisation’s background including what the organisation does operation, capacity, and environment.
d. Situation analysis – Conduct SWOT analysis. Submit an overview of the organisation’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (analysed in Assessment Task 1).
e. Marketing objectives – Include the objectives of the organisation (discussed in Assessment Task 1).
f. Marketing Strategies – Outline the marketing opportunity selected and strategies developed in Assessment Task 1. Include your reasoning for the marketing mix decisions that you made and the strategies you selected, referring to the SWOT, risk and gap analyses undertaken.
g. Marketing tactics – Include detailed actions to be taken on above marketing strategies including scheduling, costing, accountabilities and persons responsible. Ensure tactics are achievable within organisation’s projected capabilities, budget and tactics meet legal and ethical requirements.
h. Prepare a marketing budget – For above marketing tactics allocate funds requirement for each tactic.
i. Implementation – Provide an outline of the tactics devised for implementation in Assessment Task 1. You need to provide you reasoning for choosing these tactics, and outline the process for reviewing performance. Include a table with headings such as marketing tactic, resources, timeframe, cost, responsible person, review date.
j. Monitoring and control – Develop a coordination and monitoring mechanisms for scheduled activities
k. Conclusion – Provide a summery of the plan with concluding notes.
2. When you have finished writing your marketing plan, you need to:
a. Write an email to your manager enclosing a copy of your marketing plan and describing your approach to develop the marketing plan and asking for feedback.
b. liaise with your manager (your assessor) to arrange a suitable time and format for presentation. This may be online through Zoom meeting.
c. present the plan to key stakeholders (a group assembled by your supervisor) in the format specified by the assessor and at an agreed time
d. allow for feedback on the plan from stakeholders within your presentation.
3. During your presentation, you will need to ensure you demonstrate:
e. marketing plan meets organisational, as well as marketing, objectives and incorporates marketing approaches and a strategic marketing mix
f. marketing plan contains a rationale for objectives and information that supports the choice of strategies and tactics
g. the appropriate communication skills to relate to a diverse range of people
h. the leadership skills to gain the trust and support of stakeholders for the plan you present.
4. After you have presented your report and incorporated feedback from key stakeholders, adjust marketing plan in response to feedback from key stakeholders (your assessor) and disseminate for implementation within the required timeframe.
Option 1: Assessor as observer
The learner can conduct the presentation as specified in the assessment task, but may need to adjust the way that the report is presented and how feedback is incorporated.
1. The presentation can be delivered using zoom meeting.
2. The student should email a copy of marketing plan to the assessor prior to the presentation.
3. Additional evidence (documents, photos and videos) may be required and can be sent electronically, but must conform to the format guidelines provided to student.
Option 2: Tape the presentation
The presentation may involve skills that are too active or complex for video conferencing. This might involve skills or demonstrations of complex tasks.
1. In this case, the candidate may be able to video the presentation and send it to the assessor.
2. The student should send presentation material (PowerPoint presentation) and any additional evidence together with the presentation to the assessor.