ASSESSMENT TASK 3
STUDENT ID GROUP NO.
SUBMISSION PLACE OF
This assessment is a written test in order to test your knowledge application related to the unit BSBMKG609 Develop a marketing plan and its elements and performance criteria.
This assessment requires the candidate to complete a written test of 8 questions with answers related to identifying and evaluating marketing opportunities.
To test your knowledge required to identify and evaluate marketing opportunities.
1. Read through the questions very carefully.
2. When instructed to do so, answer the attached test paper.
3. You are not allowed to refer to any sources of information during this test.
4. Address the questions and their terminologies in your answer solutions.
5. This test is to be completed without access to any other electronic gadgets, documents or learning materials.
6. You are allowed a maximum of 120 minutes to complete the test.
7. The test answers should be completed using clear English.
8. The assessment task is due on the time and date specified by your assessor.
9. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
10. See specifications below for details.
Specifications to submit (details of items for submission)
You must provide written answers to all the 8 questions using a pen or word-processed document as instructed by your assessor.
Your assessor will be looking for:
Your demonstrated knowledge required to complete the tasks outlined below:
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
• summarise organisational structure, products and services and overall strategic and marketing objectives
• outline common marketing opportunity options including:
o strategic alliances and cooperative business models o new products or services to target specific markets
o greater market penetration with existing products or services o take-overs
o new businesses and franchising o other options relevant to the organisation
• outline common marketing strategies and marketing approaches
• explain processes to ensure marketing strategies, approaches and marketing mix align to organisation’s objectives and are legal, ethical and achievable
• outline the legislative and regulatory context of the organisation as relevant to the marketing plan.
Write answer solutions to the following 8 questions using the space provided
1. Briefly describe an organisation and summarise the organisational structures (approx. 300 words)
2. Briefly describe three levels of product or service. (approx. 200 words)
3. Write three examples of strategic marketing objectives for an organisation. (approx. 200 words)
4. Outline at least four common marketing opportunity options. (approx. 200 words)
5. Briefly explains the following:
a. Strategic alliance (approx. 200 words)
b. Franchising (approx. 200 words)
6. Outline at least three marketing strategies that an organisation may use. (approx. 200 words)
7. Explain how to ensure above marketing strategies approaches and marketing mix align to organisation’s objectives and are legal, ethical and achievable. (approx. 300 words)
8. Outline the legislative and regulatory context that marketing organisation must follow when developing a marketing plan. Outline at least 5 legislative and regulatory contexts. (approx. 300 words)
---End of Written Questioning---