ASSESSMENT TASK 3 (in two parts)
1. Create a piece of work that relates themes from the Book of the Year, This is my Song to the CST principles. This may include a particular theme or idea, an event or set of events, or a character or a community in the book): examples of a creative work might be:
• a diary entry;
• a letter (to one of the central characters or to a community or to a government);
• a short story;
• a poem;
• a piece of art;
• a song (this is your song!)
(up to 300 words or the equivalent of 1-2 pages long if it is a work of art)
2. Then write a personal reflection on the work that you have created, explaining the relationship between your created work, the novel and at least 2 or 3 principles of CatholicSocial Thought (900 words).
Readings for this assessment:
The book, “This is my Song” is fundamental reading for this assessment. In addition, the readings of the unit available to you via LEO and through any wider or further reading you wish to include. Please note that you are not required to read outside of the novel and reading list in the unit in order to achieve a high distinction in this assessment task.
• The reflection should clearly explain to readers what the relationship is between your created work, the novel and at least 2 or 3 principles of Catholic Social Thought.
• Please see the marking rubric at the end of the Unit Outline
• The idea is to express your thoughts clearly and concisely and make your reflection as clear, accurate (in terms of your understanding of the principles) and coherent as you can.
• The reflection does require correct and full referencing.
• References and in-text citations do not count in the word limit.
• See referencing guidelines on the UNCC100 LEO page (You can find it under
Assessment How do I reference course materials for UNCC units?).
Length and/or format:
Learning outcomes assessed:
How to submit:
Page 12 of 16 V3
May 22 4am
1200 words long.
Analyse and evaluate the principles of CST in order to write an argument that shows how issues relating to the dignity of the human person and the realisation of the common good may be addressed by you in your professional practice (i.e. the degree program you are studying) now and in the future.
The assessment must be uploaded to LEO via Turnitin.