You MUST underpin your analysis and evaluation of the key issues with appropriate and wide ranging academic research and ensure this is referenced using the AU Harvard system
Maximum word count: 3,800 words
Students are required to indicate the exact word count on the title page of the assessment. The word count excludes the title page, tables, figures, diagrams, footnotes, reference list and appendices.
Please note that exceeding the word count by over 10% will result in a reduction in grade by the same percentage that the word count is exceeded.
The past decade has witnessed advancement in broadband technologies, the emergence of mobile communication technologies and the evolution of routing and switching technologies which has transformed the society into a digital society. While, communication, connectivity and networking infrastructure is critical to the functioning of the modern digital society, it has led to new security concerns and threats. You are an independent technology consultant writing a white paper to inform the network operators, service providers and communication engineers on the rapid evolution of networking technologies and their future directions. You aim to address the following questions with in your technical white paper:
1) Critically evaluate how the mobile communication technologies have evolved from 3G, to 5G and the future of mobile communications. You are expected to discuss specific technology features, performance metrics and limitations of each generation of mobile technology and clearly highlight how it is addressed in the following generation. Your answer should clearly conclude with the benefits and challenges of 5G and the future directions within mobile technologies. Your discussion should be well supported by illustrations where appropriate and backed by valid academic references. (30 marks)-1200 words
2) Critically compare ‘Fibre’ as a wired broadband technology with one of the DSL technologies. Your answer should describe Fibre broadband, its features and advantages and highlight the relative benefits compared to the DSL. Your answer should particularly comment on how Fibre-to-home is changing the broadband services and comment on its future. Your discussion should be well supported by illustrations where appropriate and backed by valid academic references. (25 marks) -1000 words
3) Describe how the security threats have evolved with the evolving network technologies. Your discussion should address the current security threats and best practice against those threats and related counter measures. The discussion should be well supported by illustrations where appropriate and backed by valid academic references. (20 marks)-800
4) Critically review the cloud computing and network technologies and discuss how it has influenced the services offered by the Internet Service Providers (ISP). Your discussion should clearly describe the cloud technology, the possibilities the technology offers. The discussion should be well supported by illustrations where appropriate and backed by valid academic references. (15 marks)-800 words
5) Presentation, Language, Formatting and Referencing practice.