Assessment Title Market Entry Strategic Report
Purpose of the assessment and linkage to ULO. Students are required to research and analyse a multi-national entity (MNE) of their choice. In this report, students must address the following key themes from the unit, including:
1. Macro-Environmental Risks
2. Geo-political Risks and Opportunities
3. Attractiveness of market entry of this company into:
i) a specific European market
ii) a specific Asian market.
The following Unit learning Outcomes are applicable to this assessment:
1. Analyse, evaluate and discuss theoretical and practical knowledge of global business strategy, in the context of Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Legal issues.
2. Analyse, evaluate and discuss theoretical and practical knowledge of international market entry options.
Total Marks 20 Marks
Word limit 2,000 words overall (plus or minus 10%) is to be strictly observed.
Due Date Week 6 - Friday 11:59 PM (Midnight)
[Late submission penalties accrue at the rate of -5% per day]
Page 2 of 5
Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list, all using Harvard referencing style.
Your tutor may require you to submit a draft report in Week 5.
This is NOT to be submitted on Blackboard. This is an opportunity for students to get feedback prior to submission.
When the report is ready, ensure the report is checked for plagiarism using Safe-assign. Consult your tutor if you are unsure or if you require clarification about plagiarism.
This individual assignment is an opportunity for students to demonstrate their understanding of unit concepts and apply their knowledge of the theories and unit material to a contemporary multinational entity, operating in different markets around the world. Students will need to apply critical thinking skills and demonstrate a depth of analysis based on their research of credible academic sources.
Select a current well-known multi-national entity or consult with your tutor and ensure that it has not been selected by another student. Analyse the selected and approved multi-national entity in terms of:
• Macro-Environmental Risks, such as: climate change, natural disasters, uneven weather patterns, desertification, drinkable water shortages
• Geo-Political Risks and Opportunities, such as: Regional Power rivalry, Strategic partnerships, multi-lateral trade arrangements, regional economic partnerships, bi-lateral free trade agreements,
• Market Entry Analysis including a feasibility analysis between the European and Asian markets.
• In this report,
o Use appropriate paragraphing
o Use sub-headings
o Reference the sources used with correct in-text citation conventions
o Provide a full list of references at the end using correct referencing conventions
o Check the safe-assign report and modify the submission if it is Medium or High risk.
Your final submission is due Friday of Week 6 at Midnight. Late submissions will attract penalties at the rate of -5% per day.