BHO5504 – BRAND AND PRODUCT MANAGEMENT INDIVIDUAL REPORT - GUIDELINES AND MARKING RUBRIC (30%)
This assessment involves the preparation of a brand management plan for a tea or coffee brand.
1. There are various templates and models of brand management plans available in sources such as textbooks, Internet resources and journal articles. They generally cover the same core concepts and topics in various ways.
2. You are encouraged to make use of guidelines and strategies from textbooks, best practices and external resources. The expected details for each of the sections will vary based on the nature of the business, the competitive environment, the product, the availability of information and your analytical capability. Please review the mark weightings (in the evaluation criteria) assigned to each of the general sections and construct the report accordingly.
3. The word limit for the report will be strictly enforced. Please make effective use of data (Tables) and illustrative material (Figures) to portray some of the more detailed information. It is a good idea to use Appendices for any additional information, sample advertisements, exhibits and any material that does not necessarily need to be seen in the main body of the report. This also allows your group to add extra material and not exceed the word limit. Refer to the marking criteria for the relative weight for the major sections of the brand management plan.
4. The brand management plan should include a minimum of 12 (twelve) references from textbooks and refereed or peer-reviewed academic journals along with an additional minimum of 8 (eight) relevant references from newspapers, business magazines, company reports, credible and reliable websites or other information sources such as personal interviews. Thus, your plan should have at least 20 references. Please avoid unknown and unreliable websites as well as commentary and opinion from unknown and non-expert commentators.
5. This is a postgraduate unit. Therefore, demonstration of highly developed analytical skills in expression, presentation and writing is expected. A poorly constructed report with lack of clarity in meaning, referencing, weak arguments, grammar and formatting issues will lower the overall quality of the report. Please take the time to obtain further guidance from Karen Sievewright and others in the VU Learning Hub as this will assist to make an otherwise good report great, or a great report even better!
6. Submission Details
- Word limit: 2,500 words. (Excluding reference list, figures, tables and appendices). o When a word limit is provided, it is normally acceptable to have a range of 10% either way.
- The Brand Management Plan submission deadline is Monday 8 June, 2020. - The full report soft copy (electronic version) is to be uploaded on the VU Collaborate Assessment Dropbox.
- Please ensure that your work is presented with 1.5 line spacing, printed on one side of the page only and that all pages are numbered. Please use 12 point text size (Arial or Times New Roman font usually work best). You should also pay particular attention to ensure that all citations are included in the list headed ‘References’ at the end of the document. Please refer to the VU Library’s Harvard Guide to ensure that your citations and references are formatted correctly.
BHO5504 – Brand and Product Management
Marking Criteria for Individual Report (30%)