As part of your development in becoming a digitally fluent educator you will create and develop a Website, using either wordpress.com or wix.com, on the following overarching topic: Teaching and Learning in a Digital World. This will be developed and added to throughout the unit and you should allocate time in the first 8 weeks to begin working on your website. This is a creative project so you will determine the design and navigational elements of your website.
Your website should include three summations with each summation on a different topic. One of the summations must be Cyberbullying and the other two must be chosen from this list:
• Lifelong learning in the digital age
• Digital Blurring
• Digital identities and digital security
• Participation and the digital divide
• Being a digital curator
• Digital Fluency
Each summation should appear as a post or page on your website and should review the chosen topic, while focusing on how the ideas in the topic may affect teaching and learning. Additionally, the three summations will take different forms as in the list that follows, and each must be created using a different digital tool of your choice. However, you may not use Canva as this was used in Assessment 1.
• Summation 1 – Written summary of 300 words + reference list
• Summation 2 – Auditory summary (spoken) of 2 to 4 minutes + reference list
• Summation 3 – Visual presentation summary of 300 words/2-4 minutes + reference list
Your website must also include a final reflection that discusses, in 300 words, the process and different tools you used in creating your website. This final reflection should also critically evaluate how this assessment task has impacted your understanding of teaching and learning in a digital world.
Ensure you familiarise yourself with the marking guides on Blackboard for full information on assessment criteria. However, broadly speaking you will be assessed as follows:
• Written summation– knowledge of topic, creativity and design of post/page
• Auditory summation – knowledge of topic, creativity and design, quality of speech
• Visual summation – knowledge of topic, creativity and design of presentation
• Final reflection – discussion of the process and different tools you used in creating your website, critical analysis of how this task has impacted your understanding of teaching and learning in a digital world
• Overall – academic writing and compliance with APA 7th Edition referencing style
Submit your assignment via Turnitin as a single PDF document containing the following:
• A working URL to your website (your work cannot be assessed without this)
• The text from all posts on your website including the written summation, script from your auditory summation, the text from your visual summation, final reflection, and all reference lists.
Assignment 2 Website
Please submit a transcript of each part of your assessment:Visual, Audio and Written as well as the reflection. Each section should have a separate reference list. This is to be submitted as a PDF or word document with the website address at the top of the page. Please make sure the website is published and publicly viewable so that it can be accessed by your tutor. Please clearly label each section of your assessment.