Contemporary Analysis assignment 2000 words worth 40%
the assignment must create STORY about the chosen organisation and this is the key and the main point of the assignment .
-the organisation APPLE.
-the brief assignment explained how the story must be done and giving example how to create the story and write it and about what should the story be written.
- the assignment MUST apply strategies,theories, frameworks and concepts THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT POINT!
- the references require attention please refer to the brief assignment
- the assignment must address the following important points:
1-Sustainability strategy and must discussed its dimensions(economic sustainability, social sustainability, and environmental sustainability) and apply Greenwashing theory and PLETSUS (Practices Leading towards Sustainability) with its dimensions (Profits,Process,Place ,Product ,People)
2- Balanced Scorecard of Kaplan & Norton with its dimensions (financial,customer,internal processes, organisational capacity)
3-Triple Bottom Line with its dimensions (financial performance, social contribution,environmental or ecological contribution).
*PLEASE REMEMBER the assignment must create story in addressing the mentioned strategies and theories this is all what the assignment about the lecturer very strict person so please its very important to go through the brief assignment to understand how to write and organise the work.
ASSESSMENT 3 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title MGT604 Strategic Management
Assessment Contemporary Analysis
Length Up to 2,000 words
Learning Outcomes a) Critically examine how strategic management and core competencies can build and sustain competitive advantage in different organisational contexts
b) Critically evaluate different strategy formulation processes utilized by organisations and evaluate their relevance to particular organisational contexts
c) Develop and plan the implementation of a selected
strategy for different organisational levels including for change management processes
d) Consider the external environment of an organisation and analyse capabilities that can enhance potential market opportunities and manage risk.
Submission By 11.55pm AEST/AEDT Friday of Module 6.1 (Week 11)
Total Marks 40 marks
The assessment of this subject supports students in developing their skills and knowledge in the foundational management topics that include external environmental assessment, problem diagnosis, strategy development, and the consideration of cultural and ethical contexts. Effective strategic management is designed to proactively respond to changes in technology, external environment, and market tastes. A contemporary understanding of the dynamic forces shaping strategic choices is essential for the successful execution and delivery of strategy.
1. Over the duration of the course, you are to monitor news and online sources of opinion to identify three (3) separate strategic influences that together impact on the outcomes of an organisation of your choice. These influential factors may be local, national or international in nature, but they must represent a changing or evolving story. For example, advances in battery technology, stricter emission controls, and a general move towards sustainable energy has resulted in General Motors (and indeed almost all car manufacturers) actively marketing electric or hybrid models for release in coming years. Note this example is not to be used in your submission.
2. You are to discuss how the practice of strategy categorises these strategic influences, and identify the implications for the organisation in question.
3. Drawing upon your understanding of theories, models and frameworks discussed in class, you are to identify a strategic course of action to address these circumstances (by either capitalising on positive influences, or minimising the impact of negative influence) in a way that will result in long-term benefit to the organisation. This should include a statement of the firm’s revised goals as a result of this change in strategy.
Your Contemporary Analysis should be structured as follows:
Section 1: Title page
Section 2: Executive Summary
An executive summary provides a succinct summary of the content within the report. It presents information in such a way that readers are able to understand the intention and key elements of the report without having to read the entire document.
Section 3: Table of Contents
Table of Contents must have accurate page numbers and be attractively formatted.
Section 4: Introduction
The introduction sets the scene and provides context for the aim. It provides background to the issues being addressed only.
Section 5: Aim
The aim should start with the words, “The aim of this report is to…”. It should be a simple and concise restatement of the assessment task.
Section 6: Discussion
• This section should provide information regarding the analysis you undertook addressing the key deliverables.
• Identify three strategic influences that together impact on your chosen organisation.
• Discuss how the practice of strategy categorises these factors and identify the strategic implications for the organisation in question.
• Identify a strategic course of action that can be adopted by the organisation you have chosen.
• Present a statement of the strategic goals the firm should set, and their implication on the organisation.
Section 7: Conclusion
The conclusion restates the aim then provides a brief and concise summary of the discussion to demonstrate that the aim of the report has been achieved. No new information is to be included in the conclusion.
Section 8: Recommendations.
Recommendations represent the next steps derived from the report. For example, if your report concludes that a new factory is required to address the strategic change then the next steps will include obtaining finance to purchase the new facility and/or assembling and mobilising a team to explore options for location and size of the new facility.
Section 9: References
Please use the correct API referencing style and list in alphabetical order. It is recommended that you use reference management software such as EndNote or Mendeley to make the job of referencing simple and straightforward. Remember, every factual statement in your report will require a reference.
Section 10: Appendices
This is where you provide supporting material which is unsuitable for inclusion in the body of the report, but still has some value to contribute to the report.
This Contemporary Analysis is to be written according to academic writing guidelines and must be submitted in compliance with the following;
1. You should make significant references to the subject material and substantial wider reading. A minimum four (4) academic (books & peer-reviewed journal articles) & five (5) other sources (newspaper article, trade publications, websites, etc.) must be used. These should be referenced in the APA style, both in-text and in a reference list. References to ‘Wikipedia’ or similar unsubstantiated sources will not be accepted. The assignment is to include in-text citations and a reference list following the latest APA referencing style. The APA referencing guide can be located in the Academic Writing Guide at http://library.think.edu.au/ld.php?content_id=1882254 Students are to submit Assessment 3, Contemporary Analysis (with references) via the
Assessment link in the main navigation menu in MGT604 Strategic Management on the Student Portal. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via Grade Centre in the Student Portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Students should use the brief to guide what to include in the assessment and the following rubric to inform the standard required.
Rubric: Assessment 3 – MGT604 Assessment 3 Contemporary Analysis
Assessment Attributes Fail (Unacceptable) 0-49% Pass
75 -84% High Distinction
Research and comprehension:
30% Content does not adequately demonstrate a postgraduate standard of detail and thought. Content somewhat superficial or with some gaps in understanding. Good coverage of the topic with clearly articulated explanation of the topic. Reasonable fit between theory and practice. Thorough coverage of the topic. Good application of theory. Good use of credible sources. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding; insightful discussion; excellent and relevant application of theory. Multiple and credible references used.
Analysis and synthesis:
30% Reader cannot understand the foundations of the topics from the information provided. Poor logic. No evidence provided to support arguments. Basic intent covered; analysis and arguments could be more convincing with some evidence provided. Reader understands the arguments presented through focused analysis and evidence. Reader has a good sense of the analysis and evidence which is well discussed in argument. Insights are drawn from synthesised information Readers’ understanding of the analysis and arguments is clear; logical and well organised; detailed and insightful analysis; structured arguments; synthesis and understanding of links between issues.
15% Layout is confusing; logic, flow and use of language difficult to follow; numerous spelling and grammatical errors. Layout is adequate with acceptable logic flow and use of language. Some misspellings and grammatical errors.
Overall presentation is easy to digest; language succinct and well chosen; less than four spelling and grammatical errors. Good presentation content and language; easy to read and draw conclusions; no more than two spelling and grammatical errors. Overall style, use of language, figures and tables encourages comprehension; creative and engaging report.
MGT604_Assess 3_Contemporary Analysis Page 5 of 6
Reflection and conclusions:
25% Little reflection evident; unclear conclusions. Poor reflections and generic or somewhat irrelevant conclusions. Good reflections highlighting key aspects; relevant conclusions which are a mix of generic and specific conclusions. Rich reflections drawing from good research, analysis and synthesis. Relevant and specific conclusions. Insightful conclusions drawing from the discussion and evidence; creative and insightful reflection with relevance to the topic.
MGT604_Assess 3_Contemporary Analysis Page 6 of 6