Assignment 1 power -point presentation
Topic-Abortion and women rights(Georgia- USA)
It has international, national and local relevance. Students are required to analyse, evaluate and then present a clear and consistent argument by examining how international human rights and national legislative frameworks interact by contextualising them within the human rights discourse.
Student groups will envisage themselves as a team of social workers working in a non-governmental agency required to present a case to the United National Human Rights Council.
The presentation needs to address the following areas
A critical evaluation of the legislative frameworks, the institutional, and procedural mechanism for enforcing human rights as related to the chosen topic.
I want three slides only along with references.
Assessment Task 2: Cas Study/Position Paper
Details of task:
This task requires each student to develop a position paper aimed at an international human rights authority such as a specific commission of the United Nations. The paper should further explore and reflect on the human rights issue investigated for the group presentation. Clear links should be made to literature and to relevant international, national and state legislative frameworks wherever applicable.
Please note, a clear position/argument must be stated on the issue. Some of the areas that the position paper needs to address are (please note: this is a guide only do not use this structure to organise your paragraphs):
1. Brief background to the chosen topic and summary of the current issues
2. . Appraise and critique the historical development of current Australian and international human rights regimes. 3
3. . A critical evaluation of the legislative frameworks, the institutional, and procedural mechanisms for enforcing human rights as related to the chosen topic. 4.
4. How the issue impacts social work as a profession that advocates for social justice and human rights of individuals, families and communities.
5. . Some recommedations on what decisions or actions need to be taken to address this human rights issue
6. Word limit: 1200 words (A variation of plus or minus ten percent only is permitted)