Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T1 2020
Unit Code HS2041
Unit Title Enterprise Systems
Assessment Type Individual Assignment
Assessment Title Individual Assignment 1
Purpose of the assessment (with
ULO Mapping) Students are required to conduct critical analysis of the ERP implementation in given case study and present it in a professional report.
Learning outcomes are
1. Explain and apply enterprise system’s tools and techniques to solve arising business needs.
2. Apply problem solving using different tools and techniques of ERP and execute simple business processes using an ES tool (i.e. SAP)
3. Analyse and develop arguments in relation to an organisation’s ERP selection, planning, implementation and ongoing support phases.
4. Assess risk factors associated with an ERP implementation project, and the alternatives for managing risks.
5. Communicate using effective oral and written communication tools, act in a professional manner, be an effective team member or team leader
6. Understand the ICT profession and professional expectations in enterprise systems
Weight 25% of the total assessments
Total Marks 25
Word limit 1000-1500 words
Due Date Week 7
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 11-pt Times New Roman font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard style.
HS2041 Individual Assignment Page 2 of 3
Assignment Specification Purpose:
This assignment aims at analysing a case study on ‘ERP Implementation’ (uploaded on Blackboard as a separate file) and reporting their understanding/perspectives, answering the following questions
• Define purpose and scope of the case study using an ERP system.
• Discuss and evaluate case study ERP implementation approach.
• Analyse case study handling of change management during ERP implementation and propose appropriate strategies.
Report structure should be as the following:
Introduction: Discuss the report objective and structure
Purpose and Scope of ERP: Describe Enterprise Resource Planning systems (ERPs) in the given context.
Evaluate implementation approach: Brief case study implementation approach and discuss your opinion with quality arguments.
Analyse Change management: Analyse case study change management activities, roles of key stakeholders and propose your strategies.
Conclusion – Draw conclusion and summarise findings
References (make sure to use Harvard referencing)
Marking criteria Weighting
Presentation (Report structure, Grammar and spelling, Written style and expression) 2%
Purpose and Scope of ERP 5%
Evaluate implementation approach 6%
Analyse change management 6%
TOTAL Weight 15%
HS2041 Individual Assignment Page 3 of 3
Marking Criteria Excellent Very Good Good Satisfactory Unsatisfactory
excellent ability to describe the report purpose and structure clearly Demonstrated
very good ability to describe the report purpose and structure Demonstrated good ability to describe the report purpose and structure Demonstrated
ability to describe the report purpose and structure Did not demonstrate ability to describe the report purpose and structure
Purpose and Scope of ERP Discussed the scope of work and objectives very clearly Discussed the scope of work and objectives clearly. Discussed the scope of work and objectives . Discussed the scope of work and objectives
briefly Did not discuss the scope of work and objectives briefly
Evaluate implementation approach Demonstrated
excellent ability to think critically, analysed implementation approach critically and described very well Demonstrated very good ability to think
analysed the implementation approach and described very well Demonstrated ability to think
analysed the implementation approach and described well Analysed the implementation approach and
described briefly Did not analyse the implementation approach
Analyse change management Assessed critically in depth and suggested excellent strategies logically and presented in very convincing manner Assessed
critically and suggested strategies logically and presented in convincing manner Assessed well and suggested strategies logically and presented in well Assessed and suggested strategies Argument is confused and disjointed.
excellent ability to summarise findings very well. Demonstrated
very good ability to summarise findings well. Demonstrated good ability to
summarise findings Did not summarise findings
Language and Grammar Professional presentation with
excellent writing skills Professional presentation with very good writing skills Professional presentation with good
writing skills Professional presentation and well written Poor presentation
References 5 relevant references 4 relevant references 3 relevant references 2 relevant references no relevant references