It is a case study.I need 1500 words and Minimum 10 references in Harvard style.
? Search «i
Assessment 1 Information
Subject Code: ACCM4600
Subject Name: Accounting Theory & Contemporary Issues
Assessment Title: Individual Research Assignment - Part 1 and Part 2
Assessment Type: Research Assignment
Weighting: 20% + 40%
Total Marks: 20 + 40
Submission: Via Turnitin
Due Dates: Weeks 5 & 10
1) Prepare to write a business report by following the instructions given below
2) Write the final business report by following the instructions given below
You work for a large accounting and consultancy firm. Part of the role of your department is to advise governments and regulators around the world on issues concerning the convergence and adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS-).
Indonesia’s current policy is of the gradual convergence of Indonesian Financial Accounting Standards to IFRS.
The Indonesian government, through the Ministry of Finance (-MoF-) has been lobbied by organisations both in support of and against the adoption of IFRS. Some of those against adoption have referenced the outcome of the recent US presidential election and the UK’s ’Brexit’ as evidence of a ‘retreat from globalisation’ which undermines arguments in favour of IFRS.
The MoF is considering several options put to them by the different lobby groups including:
suspending the convergence program and retaining their own separate standards continuing the same current approach of ‘gradual convergence
adopting IFRS fully as soon as possible
The Indonesian MoF have contacted your firm and requested help with their deliberations over this important matter, which is proving problematic as different individuals within the ministry have different opinions. To help them make a decision the MoF would now like an impartial report, including recommendations.
Two of the partners of your firm, Mrs A.D. Option and Mr Con Vergence, have identified you as ideal to lead a team writing the report. The team you lead will include non-accounting graduates
Page 1 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
from the consulting arm of your business. The partners request that you first provide a report plan (Part 1) before completing the report (Part 2). They inform you that not all relevant staff at the MoF are accountants and as such your report should be understandable to both accountants and non¬accountants.
The MoF have requested that the report contains (but is not necessarily restricted to) responses to the following aspects:
1. Briefly outline the origins, history and expansion of IFRS.
2. Briefly provide the current and likely future position of IFRS globally in terms of coverage and any major alternative accounting rules in use.
3. Arguments for and against fully adopting IFRS; what are the costs and benefits to the Indonesian economy, the Indonesian government and other parties? A recommendation is required.
4. If Indonesia did decide to fully adopt IFRS, provide arguments for and against a one-off adoption (as opposed to a more gradual convergence). A recommendation is required.
You are aware of some excellent literature on the expansion of IFRS in developing and other countries that you will also incorporate in this report. You can include any information in the report which you think will assist the MoF to make these important decisions. You must support your arguments and hence use at least ten resources to inform your discussion. The library databases (http://elearning.kbs.edu.au/course/view.php?id=159) will provide many useful journal articles on this topic.
You need to provide this information requested above in a report format in two stages as outlined below.
Part 1: 20% due Monday of week 5- Evaluating information resources and research plan - detailed instructions:
1) Read the case study and briefly answer the following questions:
a) What is the purpose of your report?
b) What is the audience for your report?
c) What are the (key) decisions to be made?
d) What information would help you to make these decisions?
e) When you search for relevant information (in a database for example) what keywords do you use?
2) Identify 10 sources relevant to the project (e.g. journal articles, textbooks, websites etc). At least 4 of these must be academic journal articles but there should be a variety of different sources used.
Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
3) Complete a source analysis on 3 of the 10 sources with full bibliographic references. At least 2 of these sources must be academic journal articles. Refer to the source analysis template.
4) Provide a full plan of main and sub headings of the report (include appropriate numbering). Resources to help you understand these requirements and in particular the source analysis template are provided on Moodle, including explanatory documents, marking rubrics and slides (which accompany a presentation by your lecturer in week 2).
Resources to help you understand these requirements and in particular the source analysis template are provided on Moodle, including explanatory documents, marking rubrics and slides (which accompany a presentation by your lecturer in week 2). Please ensure you use all the documents provided to help you.
Maximum words: 1500
Part 2: 40% due Monday of week 10 - Final Business Report
Business report technical content 30%
Business report format, language, presentation & response to feedback 10%
Maximum words: 3000 (not including references, abstract and appendices)
Note: The Assessment Rubric or marking rubric is a separate document and you are advised to read through it to obtain guidance on how the lecturers will mark your assignment.
A summary of the mark allocation is given below:
Summary of Marks:
Technical Skills - 30 Marks
Professional Competency Skills:
Feedback, Format, Language and Presentation 10 Marks
Evaluating information resources and research plan 20 Marks
Assignment Mark 60 Marks
Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline
Imoortant Studv Information