AMN425 Digital Strategy and Analytics
Assessment 2: Analytics Report
Google executives are interested in reviewing and developing their digital strategy for the online Google Merchandise Store (https://www.googlemerchandisestore.com/). The Google Merchandise Store provides official Google, YouTube, and Android branded apparel, including t-shirts, outerwear, performance wear, hats and more for men, women and kids.
You have been employed as a digital analytics and strategy specialist for Google. You have been tasked with helping Google to achieve their objectives for the Google Merchandise Store. These objectives are:
1. To increase website traffic by 30% within six months
2. To increase sales by 15% within six months
3. To increase sales of the ‘men’s t-shirts’ product line by 10% within six months
You need to investigate the current performance of the Google Merchandise Store through Google Analytics, interpret the data contained in the reports, and provide recommendations to improve Google’s digital strategy.
You need to present this assignment in a report format. However, you are not required to include an executive summary. The look and tone of the report should be professional; imagine that the client is going to read your report. Be mindful of the word count. The following gives you guidance around the sections of the report.
This section should be about 50 words maximum and briefly introduce the purpose and scope of the report.
Google Merchandise Store Analytics Report
You are to use the demo account you set up for this exercise.
? Run at least 5 appropriate analytics reports that would assist Google in achieving the specified objectives.
o You may need to run more reports and then based on your interpretation, select the 5 that make the most sense to you given the objectives.
o Think carefully about what these reports mean and how you could present the findings (e.g., tables, visualisations) before you even start writing the report.
? Present the five reports in an easy-to-understand manner.
o You could use the objectives as sub-headings
o This section should use tables or data visualization
? For each report:
o Explain why the report is important to addressing the objectives (one or two sentences are sufficient)
? What is the purpose of the report?
(e.g., The ______ report displays______ which tells us _______ about Objective _________)
? This justification is very important, as the purpose of the assessment is not just to be able to run reports, but to be able to understand what they contribute and where they are most useful.
o Explain to the client what the report shows is happening with their website (e.g., Of the 222,204 sessions that occurred on the website, 18% of those view a product but only 6% add an item to the cart).
o Explain what the report means for the client.
? For example, it is not enough to state that paid search provides little user traffic to the site. You need to explain what that means. Is it good or poor performance? Why is it important?
? Include both the positive and the negative potential interpretations if appropriate.
? Support your interpretation using industry or academic sources where appropriate.
? Focus on the findings that are the most critical to your objectives, as you will be using these as a basis for your recommendations in the next section.
Recommendations for Digital Strategy of Google Merchandise Store
Based on your reporting and analysis:
• Provide at least five (5) recommendations that will improve or extend on Google’s digital strategy for its Google Merchandise store.
• Justify each recommendation based on the results from your reports and state what the adoption of these recommendations will achieve for the business (i.e. make sure that your recommendations link back to the objectives).
• Provide further support your recommendations using industry or academic sources where appropriate.
• There is a 10% leeway on the 2000 word limit.
• Tables and visualisation are not included in the word count.
• Referencing and the reference list are not included in the word count. Please use APA 6th edition referencing style.
• Please include a table of contents and page numbers.
• You can use additional sub-headings of your choice to improve readability.