PDF with instructions attached.
I would like to use McDonalds Australia as the company if is possible.
Please do not hesitate to ask me for any lecture materials you eventually need.
Assessment 2 Information
Subject Code: MAN203
Subject Name: Services Marketing
Assessment Title: Individual Presentation
Assessment Type: Presentation
Presentation Length: 10 Minutes (+/-10%)
Weighting: 35 %
Total Marks: 35
Submission: In class presentation week 8-12
Due Date: Week 12
You are to assume the role of a marketing consultant and are tasked with conducting a Services marketing strategic analysis of a service of your choice.
You can choose any possible service client of your choice. This must be different than the organization chosen in assessment-1. Some examples include retail services, professional services, financial services, Tourism and hospitality services, and health services. The presentation day needs to be negotiated with your lecturer between week 8 and week 12.
• Select a service business and define the elements of the service using the service hierarchy (core, facilitating and supplementary)
• Describe your service business using intangibility, perishability, simultaneity and heterogeneity
• Conduct an in-depth investigation and analysis of the organisation’s current service marketing mix and the 7 Ps of services and provide analysis of existing strategies. Ensure you apply Services Marketing theory and concepts learnt in class.
Provide appropriate services marketing recommendations for improvement and propose new service marketing mix strategies
• You must ensure you offer coverage of every P of services and ensure you are conducting your analysis on a service client and NOT A PRODUCT.
Some important considerations
• You are also to provide narrative in the notes section of your slide. A Handout is attached on how to save your PPT with Notes section with this assessment guide.
• Visual content of slides & multimedia content is expected
• Suggested number of slides max 10-12 to be handed in at time of presentation as well as uploaded on Turnitin on the same week of presentation.
• Presentations need to be negotiated with your lecture before week 6.
• A minimum of 10 in-text references will be required.
• A reference list at the end of the report and PPT also required along with in text citation.
• Power point slides or wiki references are not considered credible references.
Important Study Information
Academic Integrity Policy
KBS values academic integrity. All students must understand the meaning and consequences of cheating, plagiarism and other academic offences under the Academic Integrity and Conduct Policy.
What is academic integrity and misconduct?
What are the penalties for academic misconduct?
What are the late penalties?
How can I appeal my grade?
Click here for answers to these questions:
Word Limits for Written Assessments
Submissions that exceed the word limit by more than 10% will cease to be marked from the point at which that limit is exceeded.
Students may seek study assistance from their local Academic Learning Advisor or refer to the resources on the MyKBS Academic Success Centre page. Click here for this information.
Assessment Marking Guide
MKT203 Assessment Marking Rubric – Individual Presentation 35%
Marking Criteria F(Fail) 0 – 49% P (Pass) 50 – 64% CR (Credit) 65 – 74% DN (Distinction) 75 – 84% HD (High Distinction) 85 100%
Your analysis identifies and applies minimal or none of the relevant Services Marketing theories and concepts
Your analysis identifies and applies some relevant Services Marketing theories and concepts
Your analysis sufficiently identifies and applies relevant Services Marketing theories and concepts
Your analysis significantly identifies and applies relevant Services Marketing theories and concepts
Your analysis comprehensively identifies and applies relevant Services Marketing theories and concepts
Your analysis lacks depth, and your interpretation is not relevant
You analyse basic market specific information, and your interpretation is not
You sufficiently analyse and interpret market specific information
You thoroughly analyse and interpret market specific information
You critically analyse and expertly interpret accurate and specific market information
Your research lacks focus because of an unsuitable choice of sources
You have selected basic primary and/or secondary sources
Your research is focused, drawn from a reasonable selection of primary and secondary sources
Your research is focused,
complemented by a quality selection
and range of primary and secondary sources
Your research is extensive and focused, complemented by a quality selection and large range of primary and secondary sources
A better selection of illustrative devices would enhance your
Your presentation style lacks life and vitality, resulting in
Your presentation is dull and
Your voice tone and projection are poor, showing little or no rehearsal time
Your presentation includes some illustrative devices
Your presentation style initially captures the audience’s attention, fluctuating throughout
Your presentation is adequately presented
Your voice tone and projection are either too high, too low and/or struggles to hold the audience’s attention
Your presentation includes mostly useful illustrative devices
Your presentation style is
Your presentation is delivered well
Your voice tone and projection hold the audience’s attention most of the time
Your presentation includes a wide selection of useful illustrative devices
Your presentation style is expressive and interesting
Your presentation is professional
Your voice tone and projection highlight key points and hold the audience’s attention
Your presentation includes a comprehensive selection of useful
Your presentation style is very
Your presentation is one of high level professionalism
You have expertly used your voice tone and projection to emphasize points, capturing and holding the audience’s interest and attention
Feedback and grades will be released via MyKBS.
Page 4 Kaplan Business School Assessment Outline