Unit Semester 2 , 2019 BMGT3001 Governance and Business Ethics
Assessment Type Report
Assessment Number 2
Assessment Name Individual Case Study
Unit Learning Outcomes Assessed LO 3: Evaluate ethical dilemmas in the global environment based on the knowledge of diverse cultural and philosophical traditions that influence behavior.
LO 4: Reflect on theory and practice to develop and justify solutions for complex management problems relating to ethics and social responsibility.
Alignment with Unit and Course Unit Learning Outcome Graduate
ULO 3: Evaluate ethical dilemmas in the global GA 1: Communication environment based on the knowledge of diverse GA 2: Collaboration cultural and philosophical traditions that influence GA 3: Research
behavior. GA 4: Critical Thinking ULO 4: Reflect on theory and practice to develop and GA 5: Ethical Behavior justify solutions for complex management problems GA 6: Flexibility relating to ethics and social responsibility
Due Date and Time Week 11
Word Count: 2OOO
Submission In Turnitin
Assessment Description • Assessment 2 will familiarize students with current local, national or global ethical issue.
• You will work individually to prepare a report on a case study, which must be agreed to by the lecturer by week 7.
• Each student will chose a case study related to any current issue affecting at the local, national or global scale.
• The case study must not be from the text book.
• Report Structure must include:
• Title Page
• Executive summary
• Table of contents
History/background: What is the issue at hand?
Where is the issue prevalent? Why is it important?
• A brief history of the organization
• Discussion of the case
• Your Argument
• Ethical Decision Making Approaches & Theories o Explain which ethical decision making approaches and theories your relied upon to reach your conclusions and why.
• Summary/Conclusion o Restate the importance of the issue
o Paint the picture of the world if your plan is or not implemented
• Reference List
• Appendix (include any supplementary tables or images here)
Research Requirements • Research required supporting discussion and analysis in report. Sources should be varied and include, but not limited to, the Textbook, Newspaper articles, Books and Journal articles.
• A minimum of 10 resources and at least 5 being academic in nature (journal articles, books, professional periodicals).
• You should also use the EBSCO Databases, accessible through the Library Moodle page.
Misconduct • This report will be submitted online through Turnitin.
• Copying information from another student or online sources will not be tolerated.
• All students MUST acknowledge the author of any research used in the report.
• To avoid being charged with Misconduct, you need to apply proper Harvard Style Referencing (ask your lecturer if you do not know what this means).
• Use the library referencing guide accessible via Moodle.
Detailed Submission Requirements Before submission please ensure that the submitted work satisfies the following requirements:
• This report will be submitted online through Turnitin via Moodle;
• The assignment must be typewritten;
• The assignment must follow the Harvard referencing style;
• Word length:2000 words;
• Font/Font size: Times New Roman (preferred) /12, regular;
• Page numbers: yes;
• Line Spacing: 1.5;
• Paragraph Style: Justified.