Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T2 2019
Unit Code HC3152
Unit Title E-Business Applications
Assessment Type Individual Assignment
Purpose of the assessment (with
ULO Mapping) As part of your individual assignment, you are required to develop a report based on the following article:
1. ‘How e-commerce companies are using Artificial Intelligence to drive Higher Sales & User Experience.’
2. ‘How e-commerce companies are using Artificial Intelligence: https://becominghuman.ai/how-ecommerce-companies-are-using-ai-to-drive-higher-sales-user-experience-20d9d9bbb2b0
Students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse information technology issues for e-business and provide solutions to these issues using their knowledge of information technology and practical techniques in e-business applications.
2. Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of Information Technology in the leverage and adoption of e-business applications to provide competitive advantage and strategic solutions for businesses.
3. Understand the ICT profession in e-business
4. Communicate using effective oral and written communication tools, act in a professional manner
5. Review and describe the major privacy, legal, ethical and societal issues with respect to managing digital information and e-business
Weight 25% of the total assessments
Total Marks 25
Word limit 2500-3000 words
Due Date Week 10
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
• Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using Harvard or IEEE referencing style.
The instructions to complete your assignment are as follow:
1. Select an E-commerce business to be the focus of this assignment from the below list only:
eBay Australia Kogan.com Catch Dan Murphy’s
Amazon Australia Big W Ozsale The Iconic
Woolworths Officeworks EB Games Supercheap Auto
JB Hi-Fi Chemist Warehouse Kmart Booktopia
Coles Harvey Norman Myer ASOS
Ali Express The Good Guys Target Crazy Sales
2. Briefly describe the current operation of your selected E-commerce store.
3. Why is the Artificial Intelligence important for your business survival?
4. How your chosen business uses Artificial Intelligence?
5. Conduct a further research in the peer reviewed recent journal articles in ProQuest or other reputable journal database to find at least Five (5) articles relevant to the assignment.
6. The ideas from these articles will be incorporated into the discussion in the main assignment.
7. An attachment to the assignment will list the correct Harvard referencing of each of the journal articles and a brief outline of the key points in the journal article that are relevant to the assignment. Do not summarise the journal article. Identify the key points and briefly describe them and their relevance to the assignment.
8. You should review and refine your refinement and polishing of the ideas and the communication of ideas, prior to the submission of the report.
9. Your report must lead to recommendations on how your selected E-Commerce store can become more effective through the use of internet technologies.
10. The structure of the report should be as follows:
• Holmes Assignment Cover page
• Table of Contents
• Body of the report
• Conclusions and recommendations
HC3152 Individual Assignment Marking Rubric
Introduction /20% Directly relevant
/(16-20) Somewhat relevant
/(11-15) Remotely related
/(6-10) Totally unrelated
Content /40% Good organization; points are logically ordered; sharp sense of beginning and end
/(32-40) Organized; points are somewhat jumpy; sense of
beginning and ending
Some organization; points jump around; beginning and ending are unclear
Poorly organized; no logical progression; beginning and ending are vague
Quality of Information /20% Supporting details specific to subject
/(16-20) Some details are nonsupporting to the subject
Details are somewhat sketchy.
Do not support topic
/(6-10) Unable to find specific details
Mechanics, Spelling /10% No errors
/(8-10) Only one or two errors
/(5-7) More than two errors
/(3-4) Numerous errors distract from understanding
Referencing /10% References are consistently correct using Harvard style.
No missing citations.
/(8-10) Generally correct referencing (if called for) using Harvard style.
/(5-7) References are used, but not used consistently
/(3-4) References (if called for) are missing or do not use correct referencing style.
Assignment Score ____________/100 * Convert to 25% = Final Score _______________/25_
How e-commerce companies are using AI to drive Higher Sales & User Experience.
Published on 28 February 2019 in Becoming Human: Artificial Intelligence Magazine, Gaurav Raturi
Artificial intelligence is one of the hottest topics in this ever-changing world. AI is a way ahead to offer the industry with innovative and smart business solutions. It is adding valuable elements to the e-commerce platforms to stay in the market.
Digital marketing or e-commerce has taken the business prospect to the next level with the help of AI technology.
Advancement is to such an extent that speakers are talking, vendors are selling, and e-commerce is growing. The user experience and brand performance are getting equilibrium as Artificial Intelligence technology is changing a tedious working pattern. Retailers, manufacturers and digital startups are setting a new example in the industry.
Due to the constant competition for customers, brands are enabling AI in their enterprise. AI is one of the fastest succession of technological breakthroughs due to smart solutions that are transforming the e-commerce industry.
Artificial Intelligence transforming the traditional shopping experience
Gone are the days when the users look for an e-commerce store. Now it’s time for e-commerce platforms enabled with an Artificial Intelligence experience that is changing the business model of many brands. The advancement of new technologies has completely changed the current scenario of the industry.
Hence, integrating Artificial Intelligence in e-commerce has raised the marketing standard.
The AI applications range from the ability to analyze data sets, identifying patterns and creating a personalized experience. This creates a unique approach that is more efficient than any human being.
Over the last few years, marketing standards are touching different heights in the various sectors. AI has empowered the users with the many high tech experiences ranging from stores to websites and from chatbots to voice assistants. Such evolution has made the consumers approach the brand services any time from any form. AI right from the starting disrupted the entire e-commerce industry with smart solutions.
The impact is everlasting that will have enormous implications in the way retailers will sell their products and services hassle less.
Advance Visual Search Engine
Recently Artificial Intelligence introduced the visual Search engine in the e-commerce sector. It is one of the most stimulating trends that helps the user to discover what they want with just a single click.
Hence, we can say that AI is a driven technology that enables visual search. With a simple click, the user can get appropriate results. An image can be helpful to find better color, size, and quality to identify product names and brands on the search engine. Based on the image users can get the desired results.
AI is helping by suggesting free recommendation either by text or pop up. Searches related product is tracked and accordingly, suggestion approaches the users. Therefore, product recommendation feels to offer a personal touch to the users. The search engine analyses with AI identifies user’s preferences related to the brands they follow.
The recommendation of the products is the reflection of the user’s activities on the website and past purchases. This helps the users to find the best of what they are looking for.
As a result, the users rate the brands and their services that are directly proportional to the ROI.
As technology is growing it is making the shopping experience worthy. AI is offering customers more interactive and pleasant solutions. The voice assistance is here for smooth user experience in real time. Big giants are giving the users the power of voice for better recommendations and analysis.
To make the process more hassle less the user doesn’t need to type every time due to the voice assistant on the e-commerce platform. As a result, it offers more personal and human touch to the online shopping experience.
Artificial Intelligence enabled applications with smart capabilities are attempting to solve real-world problems. E-commerce industry with the help of Artificial Intelligence solutions can be a game changer. Brands are moving beyond customer daily utilities to help them to achieve the best possible results. AI technology offers a consistent and personalized experience to the users as well to the brands and its services.